Bermuda in November??

JanNSteH

Can anyone tell me how the weather will be in November? We're booked for the 11/13 cruise. Also, I checked out the ferry schedule. Will the ferry still be running the week of 11/13? The schedule looks like it ends the week before I get there:( .

The ferry will still be operating but after November 11 there are fewer sailings on the Dockyard-Hamilton route, and no ferries from Dockyard to St. Georges.

We are also going on this cruise and had hoped to go visit the ex Town Crier and his pet bird at his Internet Cafe or Shop in St Georges and had been thinking of taking the 1 hour ferry.

Will Express Service still be available to Hamilton?

Read about the latest scooter accident in the Royal Gazette. How many accidents do you imagine occur per season with tourists on scooters. I was never comfortable on a motorcycle and couple that with driving on the opposite side of the road - I would be a disaster waiting to happen.

We are also going on this cruise and had hoped to go visit the ex Town Crier and his pet bird at his Internet Cafe or Shop in St Georges and had been thinking of taking the 1 hour ferry.

Will Express Service still be available to Hamilton?

Yes there are still ferries that run directly from Dockyard to Hamilton. You'll have to take the bus from Hamilton to go to St. Georges.

By the way, I believe the ex-Town Crier you're mentioning is now the Mayor of St. Georges. You'll still find him at his cafe. The bird too. :)

Read about the latest scooter accident in the Royal Gazette. How many accidents do you imagine occur per season with tourists on scooters.

I don't know to be honest, the papers only report the more serious accidents. Minor accidents, while not causing crippling injuries but still put a real dent in your vacation, aren't mentioned in the papers. I've seen the odd tourist with a bad case of road rash, usually on the legs or arms, but I don't see it that often.

Swizzle: Thanks for the info. Just our luck that the normal ferry service would stop full service right before we get there:mad: . What bus do we need to take to get to St. George from Hamilton? How long of a ride is it to St. George by bus? The ferry to Hamilton takes about 20 min. right?

Jan

The #10 or #11 bus is the main ones for St. Georges but occasionnally a #1 or #3 bus will also go there (usually their last stop is Grotto Bay, about 2/3 or the way). Ferry from Dockyard direct to Hamilton is about 20 minutes, be sure to check the schedule to see what time the ferry arrives in Hamilton as the odd sailing makes a couple of stops first which means you'd be Hamilton in about an hour.

Bus from Hamilton to St. Georges is about 40 minutes depending on traffic. Try to catch a different bus going back to Hamilton then the one you took to St. Georges, that way you'll go a different route and see more of Bermuda

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions, Swizzle. I will definitely look into the ferry schedule and make sure that I don't get on the one that makes the more frequent stops to Hamilton. Good idea - I will also take a different bus while in St. George so that we can see a bit more of Bermuda. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes there are still ferries that run directly from Dockyard to Hamilton. You'll have to take the bus from Hamilton to go to St. Georges.

By the way, I believe the ex-Town Crier you're mentioning is now the Mayor of St. Georges. You'll still find him at his cafe. The bird too. :)

I don't know to be honest, the papers only report the more serious accidents. Minor accidents, while not causing crippling injuries but still put a real dent in your vacation, aren't mentioned in the papers. I've seen the odd tourist with a bad case of road rash, usually on the legs or arms, but I don't see it that often.

Thanks!

Have been to the Cafe and Also gift shop that MIchael Jones owns - he is great. I was jsut reading the schedule and it does not seem there will be service when we are there - Nov 15th?

The first time we met Michael Jones wa during the Town Crier Excursion on Radisson 6/04. I returned 8/04 on the Zenith and when I saw a different Crier outside the ship and asked about MJ he directed me to the Internet Cafe where we found MJ and PO the bird (in the tree outside). The next day I went over to the store to see if I could get some postcards early in the morning as he was just opening. MJ hands me this a key chain with about 30 keys on it and tells me "Go open up my gift shop across the street, take what you need and leave the money on the counter." This is just one of the reasons why I love Bermuda - the people are just wonderful!

Thanks!

Have been to the Cafe and Also gift shop that MIchael Jones owns - he is great. I was jsut reading the schedule and it does not seem there will be service when we are there - Nov 15th?

I meant to write - no service from Dockyard to St Georges.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell me how the weather will be in November? We're booked for the 11/13 cruise. Also, I checked out the ferry schedule. Will the ferry still be running the week of 11/13? The schedule looks like it ends the week before I get there:( .

Hi Jan!

I just checked and this is the 7 day forecast............temps aren't bad, in the mid-high 70's, but rain forecast every day through next Friday. When I checked yesterday, it was going to be sunny next week! Well, we'll hope for the best. Mother Nature seems to have a mind of her own, especially this year!

Hamilton, BD

Current Conditions

Reported from Saint George 11/05/2005 1:55 PM EST Temperature:79°F 26°CConditions:Showers in the VicinityWinds:E 12 MPH E 19 KPHRelative Humidity:74%Barometer:30.20 Falling

Archived