Just booked The Navigator - March 2015

levonfan

We booked our cruise with my sister and brother in law. Wife and I have been on cruise, as well as my sister, but brother in law never has.

We were going to do the Oasis but flight costs was just crazy, so we are going to go on The Navigator out of our local Galveston, so we can just drive down from Houston.

We have been on Liberty of the Seas before, and was wondering how Navigator compared. We got a balcony room on the 8th floor (8334), and sister and brother in law got one right down the hall. We also did our dining at 8:00, instead of the MTD.

Looking forward to Belize, wife wants to do the cave tubing. Will also be going to Roatann and Cozumel, not big on Cozumel but it might be ok.

Any tips for the Navigator?

Edited by levonfan

...We have been on Liberty of the Seas before, and was wondering how Navigator compared....

You will find Navigator very similar to Liberty, now having the Flowrider and more specialty restaurants than Liberty. Some things that Liberty has that are not on Navigator: H2O zone, Sorrento's, Coke Freestyle machines, boxing ring, Dreamworks characters, penquins.

You will find Navigator very similar to Liberty, now having the Flowrider and more specialty restaurants than Liberty. Some things that Liberty has that are not on Navigator: H2O zone, Sorrento's, Coke Freestyle machines, boxing ring, Dreamworks characters, penquins.

Bob, your rusty after being away for a week. No freestyle machines on Liberty.:)

NOS is in great shape following the dry dock earlier this year. New carpet, drapes and flat screen TV in all staterooms. They also added the Flow Rider and a big screen TV. The new specialty restaurant, Sabor, is excellent and I highly recommend it. Windjammer is still too crowded at breakfast and lunch, but that seems to be a problem on all Royal Caribbean ships.

Driving to port makes the trip so much easier and Navigator is a beautiful ship to have so close!

A few girls friends and I are heading out on the Navigator this weekend on the same itinerary. We too, are going to do the cave tubing in Belize (booked with a third party), I found a resort in Roatan that will pick us up from the pier and take us to their property for an all-inclusive beach day and in Cozumel, we always like to visit Mr. Sancho's. This is my first sailing on RCL, I am a Platinum member with Carnival, so I'm very excited to try a new company and ship!!

from the time we went to deck 4 until we were in our rental car driving away from ship was two hours and 5 minutes.

Wow, I guess we did good at 1.5 hours to get out of the terminal. I think it was 30 minutes alone to wait for a porter.

My DD and I just did this itinerary 8/24 and we had a blast! The ship looks fantastic, we had great food (Giovanni's Table!!) and our ports were super fun. We did cave tubing with the Butts Up folks and they were outstanding. It was a unique experience that we thoroughly enjoyed. Tip: make sure you have water shoes with fairly thick/stiff soles. You will have to cross the river 3 or 4 times before you get to the entry point, and the bed is extremely rocky. In Roatan we shore snorkeled (were let off at Bananarama) and it was great. Did a snorkel/sail with Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel, also great.

Wish I were going right back -- I really enjoyed that itinerary. We did not have too much trouble with debarkation; took about 45 minutes from ship to car. We drove down and used EZ Cruise parking, and I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

Enjoy!

Just got off yesterday. Bar service was super slow and not enough waiters anywhere. It needs some lightbulbs replaced in several areas of the ship. The windjammer food was not great. The cruise was super, but after awhile you start noticing "things".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums