Norwegian getaway advice

momof02kidz

Hi, I am going on the Getaway in February 2015. I have a few questions...I booked an ocean view room guaranteed anybody book this type of room and were you happy?

Going to St. Thomas and St. Maarten looking to relax on a beach any advice as to where to go?

Nassau Bahamas-I did the Atlantis thing last time but we do want to sit on a beach, any suggestions? Also the beaches at Atlantis were pretty anybody know if I can walk the grounds and visit the beach without having to pay an absorbant amount of money?

Thanks!

With 52 free and natural beaches around Nassau, you don't have to pay to sunbathe in Atlantis. Junkanoo Beach is the closest to the cruise terminal.

Best for Active Types: Visit Paradise Island, where you can find all manner of water-sports rentals and eateries. Some say the most beautiful spot there is Cabbage Beach, on the north shore. Another good choice, closer to downtown, is Cable Beach, with all the usual beach amenities and dazzling resorts along baby-powder-soft sand. For great snorkeling, try Love Beach near Gambier Village, about 12 miles west of downtown Nassau, but be advised: Love Beach is the only officially designated nude beach on the island.

Best for Peace and Quiet: South Ocean Beach, close to Adelaide Village, is where it's at if you want an option that's a bit less-visited. Caves Beach in Rock Point (close to the airport turnoff on Blake Road) is another good out-of-the-way choice. The name is derived from the bat caves located directly across the street.

I highly suggest Bernards Tours for St Martin. I did tour number 2. Just google them. It was great. In St. Thomas I did the St. John beach escape through NCL. It was the prettiest beach I have ever seen. I do rec. doing that one through NCL. It is a little far and you want to make sure you make it back. Bernards will get you back in plenty of time.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I second the excursion with Bernard for St. Maarten. By far the best excursion our family has ever taken. Everyone still talks about it 2 years later. He will get you back in plenty of time too, no worries there! He took us to Orient Beach and to Maho Beach - but Maho is where the planes fly over, no relaxing there, but fun fun fun!!

In St. Thomas, we always have to go to Blackbeards Castle to get the best rum ever from The Rum Factory (you can sample it first).

In Nassau, I haven't done it, but, on my wish list is "Blue Lagoon Island".

Let us know what you decide and how you like the Getaway! I want to sail that one really bad, looks awesome!!

Mitsugurly always has great port reviews, she is a snorkeler, so, she usually reviews some beaches. Here's her Getaway review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048113

At the bottom of her posts, she has links to her port reviews too.

• 4 months later...
I second the excursion with Bernard for St. Maarten. By far the best excursion our family has ever taken. Everyone still talks about it 2 years later. He will get you back in plenty of time too, no worries there! He took us to Orient Beach and to Maho Beach - but Maho is where the planes fly over, no relaxing there, but fun fun fun!!

In St. Thomas, we always have to go to Blackbeards Castle to get the best rum ever from The Rum Factory (you can sample it first).

In Nassau, I haven't done it, but, on my wish list is "Blue Lagoon Island".

Let us know what you decide and how you like the Getaway! I want to sail that one really bad, looks awesome!!

Mitsugurly always has great port reviews, she is a snorkeler, so, she usually reviews some beaches. Here's her Getaway review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048113

At the bottom of her posts, she has links to her port reviews too.

Did you like Orient Beach? I understand that there is a lot of nudity, true? Also good for snorkeling at all? Chairs to rent?