Post Cruise Orlando Help

ashleycrew

We are taking the Carnival Valor repositioning cruise leaving San Juan on 3/22 and arriving in Port Canaveral on 3/29 (Friday). This trip worked out really well for us as we had always wanted to sail out of San Juan and since we would only have to do one way air it is a lot less. My wife also really wanted our next vacation to do some Orlando attractions where as I wanted to go on another cruise so this way we can both get what we want. We will get off the Ship on 3/29 and have that day then Saturday and and then we will take a rental car home on Sunday for about a 9 hr drive. So only having 2 day (and one being the day we get off the ship) are there any suggestions to maximize time and value. We would very much like to go back to Disney but we also are OK with Universal. Any input on where to rent a car, fasting way to get to Orlando. Clean but cheap places to stay or any other ideas to save a few dollars is appreciated.

So only having 2 day (and one being the day we get off the ship) are there any suggestions to maximize time and value. We would very much like to go back to Disney but we also are OK with Universal. Any input on where to rent a car, fasting way to get to Orlando. Clean but cheap places to stay or any other ideas to save a few dollars is appreciated.

Getting to Orlando is extremely easy. Essentially, you just take the Beachline (AKA SR 528) west toward I-4. Google maps can supply all the details. This is a toll road, but all tolls can be paid in cash if you stay in the far right lane to pay.

There are many, many hotels and I suggest that you start your search now since Easter Sunday falls on April 5, 2015 and this is the start of a very busy week with many people in town for spring break. Finding cheap places to stay will be a big challenge, to say the least, but start looking now.

we will take a rental car home on Sunday for about a 9 hr drive.

Have you priced out this rental? I'd be surprised if it were a lot cheaper than flying, what with the high drop-off fee you'll probably be charged (just for fun, priced a couple of companies, and was getting prices in the $300+ range).

Have you priced out this rental? I'd be surprised if it were a lot cheaper than flying, what with the high drop-off fee you'll probably be charged (just for fun, priced a couple of companies, and was getting prices in the $300+ range).

Yes, I will rent 2 days local turn in and get 1 day pick up in Orlando take back in NC. It is only about $140 for the the one day drop off at a different location .