Oasis forward oceanview rooms

fllcruiser78

I am booking on RC for the first time. We usually sail on Norwegian. I am looking to book an oceanview room on Oasis of the Seas but the only rooms available are at the very, very front of the ship. I am wondering if I will get motion sickness there or if there is anything else I should be worried about in that area (noise from the anchor etc) Is a lower deck or higher deck better? I can choose from decks 7, 8 or 9 all the rooms are in the same spot though. Thanks!

I am booking on RC for the first time. We usually sail on Norwegian. I am looking to book an oceanview room on Oasis of the Seas but the only rooms available are at the very, very front of the ship. I am wondering if I will get motion sickness there or if there is anything else I should be worried about in that area (noise from the anchor etc) Is a lower deck or higher deck better? I can choose from decks 7, 8 or 9 all the rooms are in the same spot though. Thanks!

It all depends on the person. We sailed for 11 days on the Monarch at the very front of the ship on decks 2,4 and 6. There were a couple of rough nights but the motion does not bother any of us.

If the motion does bother you I would book mid ship and lower down as that is the most stable area on the ship. The higher up and more forward and aft you are the more motion you will have.

There are medications available and if you are not sure I would look into getting something. People say that it is better to start taking the medication before you sail rather that to wait until you get sick.

Hello -

I just sailed Allure on deck 10 all the way forward. We had fairly calm seas. We could find no difference in motion in this area. We spent most of our time in the solarium area which is all the way forward. on deck 15 No motion noticed there either.

The only time I noticed motion was a little when we were dining. I also fealt no motion when we sailed Oasis. These are very stable ships - I would book that room without hesitation.

Enjoy

We were in a forward OV room on Oasis overlooking the helipad. We were on deck 7 towards the side and had some view of the ocean. I am guessing you would have a better OV from a higher deck. The room had about 100 extra square feet of floor space because of the slope of the windowed wall. You could not really stand there but it gave the room a very spacious feeling, The windows were huge, they may have been ceiling to floor but I can't remember. The helicopter area was closed to passengers for the trip with the exception of a crown and anchor sailaway party. This room was very quiet. We had a choice or the same price of a Central Park room with a window and a neighborhood balcony on deck 14 and we always go for quiet. We were not disappointed.

There was no motion the entire trip but this was a western and the seas were relatively calm.

The only downside would be the long walk to the stairs or elevators if you have trouble walking. We love to walk and we usually lose weight on cruises. We also liked the fact that being on a middle deck we did not have to take the elevator but could take the stairs to the promenade, central park and the boardwalk.

Ok actually now we are able to get a balcony. So we have a choice of central park balcony or for 100 more an oceanview balcony. Our main concern is quiet! We like ot take naps in the evenings after returning from the port and before a later dinner. Which would you choose?

Ok actually now we are able to get a balcony. So we have a choice of central park balcony or for 100 more an oceanview balcony. Our main concern is quiet! We like ot take naps in the evenings after returning from the port and before a later dinner. Which would you choose?

If the cost is $100 total to go to an oceanview balcony, then that's what I'd take.