Just boarded Freedom - Bottled Water

Debitoo

FYI, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with filling a glass with water and pouring it into the refillable bottle which I'm sure is what CB was talking about as I've seen her post it before.

Thanks for the PSA though

My bad.... Foolish of me not to have dissected the original OP's comment. It should have been clear that the poster intended to utilize a two step process. Perhaps the practices I have previously witnessed were " isolated and random practices". Thank You though for keeping me in check with the hand slap ;)

Just curious. Do most people bring bottled water to drink on board or to take in ports? I have never cruised before but thought water stations were readily available.

Oh and I can bring pop on board?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by southnam

Just curious. Do most people bring bottled water to drink on board or to take in ports? I have never cruised before but thought water stations were readily available.

Oh and I can bring pop on board?

Water and soda are both technically prohibited, but that rule is frequently not enforced.

FYI refilling any individual water bottle is considered unsanitary. There are signs posted at every water station strongly advising against this practice to deter the spread of germs and thereby ensure each guest a healthy vacation.
What's unsanitary is allowing the bottle to touch the water spigot. After all, your mouth has touched the bottle, and -- even if you're not sick -- you have germs and bacteria in your mouth.

I can see this being a problem with kids who can't "hit the bottle" unless they touch the spigot.

Regardless, you can avoid this issue altogether by taking a couple glasses of ice water (filled by the crew member behind the counter; thus, presumably clean) and filling your own wide-mouth bottle from those glasses.

Water and soda are both technically prohibited, but that rule is frequently not enforced.
Yes, there's the rule . . . and then there's what actually happens.

I've never had any problem bringing soda and water onboard. However, I also don't press my luck by bringing large quantities. I also don't bring my favorite soft drink, which happens to be Diet Cheerwine, a small-label sold only in this area. I'm afraid the staff would mistake it for actual wine instead of a soda.

No more "slap a luggage tag on it and it will show up at the cabin door" at PC.

That's good info for here. Thanks!

Ryano,

You might be interested to know that they wouldn't check my wife's backup manual wheelchair. First time that happened to us after many cruises. We always take the manual for those ports where the power chair might be a problem. I ended up lugging it on through security, etc. I took it directly to room even tho it was only Noon but the cabin steward was more than understanding and let me leave it there early.

PC will only handle luggage now, period!