Just boarded Freedom - Bottled Water

Debitoo

FYI... The porters refused to let us check our case of water. We had to carry it through security and then we were allowed to bring it aboard. Only problem is we are stuck with it till rooms open up at 1:30.:(

Same thing happened to us at PC. I've since been putting the water in a small carry on suitcase.

Edited by clarea

We've always just checked our sodas and waters. Had I known we were going to have to lug it around we would have put it in a rolling duffel or something. Oh well, at least we get to keep it.

So far from what we've seen, the ship is in excellent condition. We are just chilling out at Sorrento's waiting for rooms to open so we can dump the water.

Did you have to go to the "naughty room" to retrieve it? Or did you carry it on.

Naughty room. On Enchantment, the naughtly room for bags with suspicious liquids is up by the photo gallery. They have someone from the bar service inspect the containers.

Naughty room. On Enchantment, the naughty room for bags with suspicious liquids is up by the photo gallery. They have someone from the bar service inspect the containers.

21 months ago, I had to go down to Deck 1. I guess that they decided to make it "more convenient." :rolleyes:

If the water is in a suitcase, the porters will take it. If there's no handles, then they won't. So..stick it in a duffle or small suitcase and check it!

Or, just bring a refillable bottle and make your own "bottled" water....it's all the same stuff!

21 months ago, I had to go down to Deck 1. I guess that they decided to make it "more convenient." :rolleyes:

For some reason they split it up. Liquids in the photo gallery, irons and other items on deck 1.

For some reason they split it up. Liquids in the photo gallery, irons and other items on deck 1.

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. My "naughty item" was scissors. Which, by the way, were SMALLER than my cabinmate's scissors and HER suitcase was not sent "downstairs". :rolleyes:

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. My "naughty item" was scissors. Which, by the way, were SMALLER than my cabinmate's scissors and HER suitcase was not sent "downstairs". :rolleyes:

Your reputation must have preceeded you.:p

If the water is in a suitcase, the porters will take it. If there's no handles, then they won't. So..stick it in a duffle or small suitcase and check it!

Or, just bring a refillable bottle and make your own "bottled" water....it's all the same stuff!

FYI refilling any individual water bottle is considered unsanitary. There are signs posted at every water station strongly advising against this practice to deter the spread of germs and thereby ensure each guest a healthy vacation.

In the last few years, we've had problems at PC tagging either water or soda. We now just put it in a rolling bag and bring it on board with us, with no problems. We buy the soda card and only bring enough for times we don't want to bother with calling rooms service or trekking to a bar. We bring the water for when we get off the ship in ports.

FYI refilling any individual water bottle is considered unsanitary. There are signs posted at every water station strongly advising against this practice to deter the spread of germs and thereby ensure each guest a healthy vacation.

You just take one of their cups and dump it into your own water bottle. Nothing unsanitary about that. I also asked for ice from the steward, and had cold ice water as it melts to fill up my kids water bottles when we were on Freedom.

We always do the as Bob and put it in a small rolling suitcase to carry it on. By the end of the cruise, we have the additional space to pack whatever we've picked up during the cruise. :D

We do the same thing...we always have stuff to put in it! When I was on Freedom in June, the porter grabbed the suitcase out of the car and commented on how heavy it was. I told him it was bottled water and he didn't blink an eye. Maybe just because it makes it easier to load in a rolling suitcase rather than carrying it.

FYI, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with filling a glass with water and pouring it into the refillable bottle which I'm sure is what CB was talking about as I've seen her post it before.

Thanks for the PSA though

However you can fill a cup and then decant that into your water bottle. They just dont want people shoving their pre-licked water bottles up against the water spout.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

My experience checking water has been mixed. At Port Everglades they took it no problem and it was delivered to our room, in Tampa they made us carry it on, and in Galveston they let us check it but we had to pick it up from guest services once we were in international waters due to the state regulations.