Car rental at FLL

mared1

I understand there is a new car rental center at the airport in Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone know if they will still shuttle you to the pier? Having flown into FLL in Jan. of 2004, we were able to take the car rental shuttle to and from the pier. Just wondered if that has changed. Also I noticed National Car Rental has at the airport as well as Port Everglades. Anyone know about that?

Which pier Miami or Port Canaveral, Florida? And the best thing to do is call the rental company, I did that last year and they said they had a shuttle but they did not have one when I got there. Really screwed us up.:confused:

Yes, most car rental agencies will shuttle you from Port Everglades to the new car rental center. Just check to be sure wiith whichever one you choose.

As for National, Port Everglades and the airport are both served out of the airport. They may have created two "sites" so they could estimate the number of shuttles they need.

We used National in January, we had a late flight home and I wanted to show DW my "old stomping grounds" (I went to U of Miami for a year). They had a shuttle which picked up at the cruise terminal and brought you to the rental center. Returned the car to the same rental center and took another shuttle to the airport.

Archived