Making sense of PF/taxes

septrack

Funny, I was just wondering the same thing. We're booked on the Nov. 3rd Ruby Princess 5-nt with stops in PC and Ocho Rios and I was astonished to see the $101 addl' fees. I thought it was quite a coincidence that the fees added to the cost for an inside ($199) came to a tidy $300. Do they pull these numbers out of a hat?!!!

$101 for a private island and Jamaica seems pretty outrageous - maybe it's their way of making up for the great fares and incentives? Not complaining really, just perplexed. I wish someone from Princess would respond.

Type of accommodation you have makes no difference. Everyone pays the same for taxes/fees.

• 4 weeks later...
Just noticed a 5 day cruise RT from FLL with stops in Princess Cay and Jamaica has a $101 PF/tax cost. The seven day cruise RT from FLL with stops in Princess Cay, St Maarten, St Thomas, Grand Turk, and Princess Cay has a chg of $116. I can't believe Jamaica has huge fees since they have been losing cruise traffic for years. Makes no sense to me! Go figure!

Just noticed they have lowered the PF/fees to $94.15. Guess we will have a small credit coming.