Westerdam 6166 or 5190

thesea4me

I'm trying to decide between aft wrap cabin 6166 or 5190 on the Westerdam. I'm appreciate any details regarding comparisons in the size of the verandah/cabin and sun versus shade on the verandah. Thanks

We sailed in 5190 on the Westerdam July 2014. It is fully covered and the verandah can hold about 40 passengers. You can escape both the wind and rain. Good for Alaska

Stateroom 6166 is only partially covered so you can still escape the weather but not at the railing. Good for Caribbean if you wish to work on a tan.

Cabin size is basically the same.

Edited by Crew News

• 7 months later...
Thank you for all the info. I'm looking at the cabin for a Caribbean cruise and I would like the ability to lay in the sun on the verandah. I suspected that it was fully covered. 6166 it is!

My husband and I are 1st time cruisers booked on the Westerdam next March in cabin 6166. Did you book 6166? Have you been on your cruise yet? How was it? We are mostly interested in the balcony size.......

I'm trying to decide between aft wrap cabin 6166 or 5190 on the Westerdam. I'm appreciate any details regarding comparisons in the size of the verandah/cabin and sun versus shade on the verandah. Thanks

5190 is my first choice (as would be its compatriot stateroom same deck opposite side) because the deck 5 is 100% covered whereas 6166 is only partially covered.

If you want shade go with 5190 if you want sun then 6166 is for you.

Balcony/verandah is huge on 5190 and its compatriots and can hold up to about 50 people. 6166 probably could hold about 35-40 people.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie