Nursery\In Room Babysitting

rac033

Hi Everyone! First time cruiser here, we will be traveling with 12 other family members and can't wait! Leaving from Galveston on Navigator of the seas Oct 12. :)

My sister and I each have small kiddos (1.5yr, 2yr, and 6yr)we are in same stateroom), is the in room babysitting normally available to book the first day? We are interested in seeing some shows but felt that we would need to know for sure if babysitting would be available to us before actually booking shows or specialty restaurants.

Also does anyone have experience with the nursery? Just wondering if anyone had a review? Any tips or insight we could get would be greatly appreciated (for both nursery or in room)! Thanks in advance and happy cruising! :)

~Rach

Here is some info on babysitting:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=2002

Unfortunately, it does not answer the question about availability on the first day.

Note that Navigator does not have advance booking of any shows.

I am pretty sure that nursery is closed on first night. It will be open for you to visit and register, but not open for business. We used the in-room sitting on our last cruise. Not sure if that would be available on the first night. You usually need to request sitters 24 hours in advance, and they will let you know the next day if they can provide them. The sitters are volunteers from the guest services personnel, so they will never guaranty that you can get sitters - but I have not seen too many people who were not able to get one. We tried one night and got sitters, although we had to wait till the last minute (almost) to find out they were coming. But you are on a larger ship with more staff, so maybe they will know sooner. Our son used AO and loved it. Never used nursery, but have seen nothing but great reviews from parents who have used it.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Hi Everyone! First time cruiser here, we will be traveling with 12 other family members and can't wait! Leaving from Galveston on Navigator of the seas Oct 12. :)

My sister and I each have small kiddos (1.5yr, 2yr, and 6yr)we are in same stateroom), is the in room babysitting normally available to book the first day? We are interested in seeing some shows but felt that we would need to know for sure if babysitting would be available to us before actually booking shows or specialty restaurants.

Also does anyone have experience with the nursery? Just wondering if anyone had a review? Any tips or insight we could get would be greatly appreciated (for both nursery or in room)! Thanks in advance and happy cruising! :)

~Rach

My 18 month old has been on three cruises, about to go on his fourth. Some people say we're nuts, but we want him to experience the world.

I have used the nursery in the past (May) and I will be using the nursery again in two weeks on our Brilliance cruise and again in November on the Liberty. I was VERY happy with my experience. The women that worked on the Enchantment nursery were very caring and loving. There were two ladies for three little ones. If you look at my signature, click the link to my Enchantment review. I mention the nursery in there.

The 6 year old will definitely enjoy Adventure Ocean more than an in-room babysitter. Even the nursery is a better option for the younger two as well, in my opinion. They have toys and lots for the tots to do in there.

Enchantment nursery was open the first evening, just not during the daytime hours. They alternate between open play (parent & child) and nursery (drop off) throughout the cruise.

Edited by smileyperry

My 18 month old has been on three cruises, about to go on his fourth. Some people say we're nuts, but we want him to experience the world.

I have used the nursery in the past (May) and I will be using the nursery again in two weeks on our Brilliance cruise and again in November on the Liberty. I was VERY happy with my experience. The women that worked on the Enchantment nursery were very caring and loving. There were two ladies for three little ones. If you look at my signature, click the link to my Enchantment review. I mention the nursery in there.

The 6 year old will definitely enjoy Adventure Ocean more than an in-room babysitter. Even the nursery is a better option for the younger two as well, in my opinion. They have toys and lots for the tots to do in there.

Enchantment nursery was open the first evening, just not during the daytime hours. They alternate between open play (parent & child) and nursery (drop off) throughout the cruise.

That's interesting. I wonder if the open nursery on Day 1 on Enchantment because they are shorter cruises. I am pretty sure it was closed on our 6 night cruise. You need to let us know if it's open on Brilliance when you go. Maybe this is something new :)

That's interesting. I wonder if the open nursery on Day 1 on Enchantment because they are shorter cruises. I am pretty sure it was closed on our 6 night cruise. You need to let us know if it's open on Brilliance when you go. Maybe this is something new :)

I'll try to remember to find this thread and post what I find out. We're going on the Brilliance on Oct 5th so Ill try to post that day before we sail away. Otherwise it may be too late for OP to find out!

We just came back from Navigator and took our 3 year old and 17 month old. Our son (3 yo) loved Adventure Ocean. He wanted to go play with "friends" there more than hanging out with us! Our daughter went to the Nursery for a few hours each night. They have a great staff and your kids will like it there better than your cabin. The nursery does offer a toy lending program. They have a book with a picture of what is in each bag and you choose and take it back to your cabin to use.

There is no adventure ocean or nursery on the first night. So for that night you are on your own. They all open at 9 am on day 2.

Adventure Ocean has a morning session from 9-12, afternoon session from 2-5, and evening session from 7-10. These sessions for ages 3 and up are free. After 10 is the late night party and it is paid by the hour.

We are glad to help with any other info you might need!

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have seen that on week long cruises the AO and nursery were not open on the first night. On 3,4, and 5 night cruises they were but late start (8pm.)

We have seen this on enchantment monarch Liberty and Brillance all out of U.S. ports on short cruises.