Christmas season in the Caribbean

StamperRae

My daughter got married at super club breezes in Nassau 12/9. The decorations were up all over town and it seemed so strange to see palm trees in Christmas lights. We return from our cruise the Sunday before Thanksgiving and they start decorating the ship as we debarking. It would be beautiful to see it all completed.

Edited by getupgo

Being from VT we are used to a white Christmas. Years back we had to attend a wedding in Miami the week before Christmas so we planned a Disney vacation at the same time. It was awful strange being in 80* weather, shorts and Tshirts and hearing Christmas music!

That being said, I think Ive got my wife off of the snow for Christmas kick and may be able to talk her into a Christmastime cruise in the near future! I think it would be great to see the ship all decked out and still be able to sit by the pool in the warm sun!!

We did a 9-person family cruise at Christmas in 2006. We all did a New Year's cruise a few years later.It was one of our best vacations ever.

Just know that Christmas and New Year's week are premium prices no matter what the cruise line.

Last year and this year, DH and I are cruising the week before Christmas and the week after New Year's. We will still have all the decorations for nearly half the price. :p

It won't really be "Christmas" as you are thinking of it. There will be some decorations on ship and in port, but it is not over the top like in the US. And traveling in Dec. between Thanksgiving and Christmas is very low fares - it is the actual holiday weeks that are so expensive.

My favorite Caribbean Christmas memory - being at Rum Point Beach in Grand Cayman the week after Thanksgiving while on a cruise on the Pearl. Sitting on the beach, drinking a Caybrew, listening to Holiday songs sung by Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Elvis Presley......perfect.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

WOW! What a pleasant surprise. Since we are treating this cruise as a early Christmas gift for the family this news is really exciting! I'd love to see the ports all done up too! We are going to Cozumel even!!!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!! I feel like a little kid now! :D