Dining room option, Table for 2

spacetraveler

We requested a table for 2 in the MDR. We will not know until we board the ship. If we don't like the sitting arrangement, can we change to Select Dining? Normally we are not allowed to wait at the select dining entrance. We must get approval first. Where and when can I find the Maitre'D

I've found that if you choose late dining (8:30pm), its easier to get a table for two if you can't get select. Most Celebrity cruises skew older, and many Celebrity customers don't prefer the late seating. Most of the time, early dining is the first to sell out.

I hope it works out for you. Enjoy your cruise.

If the Maitre d' is able to work out the type of table you request, and you are quite pleased with the location and service, it is not poor form to stop by on the way out the first evening and say thanks verbally and with a small gift of cash. In fact, though not required, it is somewhat customary.

If the Maitre d' is able to work out the type of table you request, and you are quite pleased with the location and service, it is not poor form to stop by on the way out the first evening and say thanks verbally and with a small gift of cash. In fact, though not required, it is somewhat customary.

I agree. I believe that the Maitre d' gets tipped at the end of the cruise- but it doesn't hurt to do it at the beginning of the cruise. I am sure that they appreciate the few extra dollars.

Do what makes you comfortable.