Eye Jewelry

I'm sorry if my last post ("you're missing the whole story") offended anyone. I didn't mean that y'all were being closedminded and I wasn't passing judgement on anyone's opinon of this new body bejewelment. By saying you're missing the whole story, I meant that there were a lot of misconceptions about the procedure circulating in this post. i.e.: It's not an actual piercing, more of an implantation.

I didn't mean to make anyone mad and I'm sorry if I did. And for the record, I would never do this either. Eyes creep me out. When my friend showed me hers, at first it made my skin crawl.

Jessi

First Cruise - RCI's Legend thru Panama Canal

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;12;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I didn't mean to make anyone mad and I'm sorry if I did. And for the record, I would never do this either. Eyes creep me out. When my friend showed me hers, at first it made my skin crawl.

Jessi<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jessi, you didn't make me mad. I hope my post didn't reflect that. icon_smile.gif

<MARQUEE>icon_smile.gifShelia icon_smile.gif</MARQUEE>

Sailing the Mariner in.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

Jessi, I didn't find your post offensive. We all have opinions and you were just expressing yours while explaining the procedure. No problem! icon_smile.gif

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

Ewww...

Let me tell you as someone who has had three accidental corneal abrasions, one which required surgery five weeks ago, this does NOT sound like a good idea.

As a result of my injuries I have developed corneal erosion. My eyes water a lot and feel gritty because they are dry. For the rest of my life I have to use drops nearly every day and apply an ointment in my left eye nightly before going to bed. I can't imagine how "eye jewelry" might affect a person's eye in the long run. It doesn't sound like something that would promote long term vision health.

Trust me... after losing my sight briefly, you don't EVER want to do anything that could cause blindness.

Linda

CruiseDiva

HI Jezziadorable,

I'm certainly not offended by your post and I think it's fascinating when people here inform us on what's going on in the name of fashion around the world.

The eye jewelry seems potentially very dangerous and it certainly does NOT look pretty.

So I can't imagine why anyone would do it.

Am I being judgemental? I sure am and not apologizing for it! The concept is absurd, IMO.

We have opinions about others on a daily basis. Oh yeah sure, we prefer to call it "people watching" but it's really "people judging". Of course, most of us are too polite to walk up to a stranger and say something like "what *were* you thinking"? or "don't you have a mirror"?

Those of us that have a more open opinion of what is acceptable tend to view those with a narrower point of view as judgemental....but then, that's being judgemental, isn't it? icon_wink.gif

Back to the subject: Eye "jewelry", disgusting!

Jane

I can't believe that implanting metal in your eye is not a risk for infection. How sparkly would eyes look when they are all red and yucky?

Nope think I'll pass but thanks for the info, never heard of this done before

Star Princess 11/14/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived