Cruisers' experiences concerning Vietnam port visits

dockhl

Sharing a sail-away video I made. Voyager of the Seas sailing away from Phu My port, Vietnam. The port was certainly very far away from the city.

[YOUTUBE]B4TFKiB4aTA[/YOUTUBE]

Wow, how do u manage to book the private tour and how much does it charge per person?

I'm going mariner ots from Singapore to shanghai and will be going vietnam too.... Thanks in advance~

;-)

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

We were on Sapphire Princess from 18th December 2014 and Capt Craig Street decided it was too rough for us to tender safely in to Nha Trang. This meant that many people lost their deposits for private tours they had booked. I did not even think about this happening, so thought I would share.

hopefully missed ports only occasionally happen in winter-time in Vietnam (October-end January)

on the other side of the coin, I was told that some of the tour guides and operators in Vietnam are small operators who probably have to hire guides and larger vehicles with drivers to accommodate larger ship tours and have to pay them regardless

as an emerging third world country (Vietnam) they probably cannot afford to lose the deposit money if the captain cancels the port as they've already paid in advance for the vehicles, drivers and guides.

I think it's maybe a good idea to arrange just a small deposit to secure a fabulous day out and will help them to cover their costs in the event of a missed port.