On board credit

lenclan

Hi!

Have a question regarding the on board credit. Does it wary on different voyages? Does Silversea give it and then TA may choose to add more?

Is it possible that SS does not offer on board credit at all on some of the trips. Planning FLL cruise in January and the word is they do not offer any on board credit... Is it possible? Last trip we had 600$ for our Adriatic sea 7 days trip. :(

Thanks!

The answer to all of your questions is yes, IME

On our previous voyages it's varied tremendously, anywhere from $0 to $1000, with some from SS and some from our TA. I assume it depends on how well the particular voyage is selling, and how much they have to offer in order to entice people (or TAs).

Some OBC is nice if you want to do a few shore excursions, or have a little fun with the connoisseur's wine list. But it's less necessary (we find) on SS given that more is included in the base fare, and we don't take many ships excursions.

We have been using AMEX Platinum for our past few cruises and they give $300 in OBC which is nice. For our upcoming cruise next month, our TA added $500 so we can splurge a bit more. But I don't feel cheated if it's not offered. We do most touring in ports independently, so it's actually hard for us to spend our OBC if it's more than a few hundred dollars.

Hi!

Have a question regarding the on board credit. Does it wary on different voyages? Does Silversea give it and then TA may choose to add more?

Is it possible that SS does not offer on board credit at all on some of the trips. Planning FLL cruise in January and the word is they do not offer any on board credit... Is it possible? Last trip we had 600$ for our Adriatic sea 7 days trip. :(

Thanks!

The bottom line up front is that I don't think Silversea offers nearly the on board credit incentives that they once did so it's very possible that you'll get no OBC from Silversea. Your TA is another question and I certainly can't answer that.

I don't have nearly the long term experience of many here but my impression three years ago was Silversea had this rather unusual program of publishing extraordinarily high fares and right in the original/initial brochure advertise equally extraordinary fare reductions and incentives. It certainly got our attention and we booked our first Silversea cruise some 18 months out from the sailing date. Subsequent to our booking Silversea continued to offer additional incentives like additional OBC, another basic fare reduction, and discounted airfares to the point that by the time we actually sailed we'd garnered another 15% total reduction. I think some time in late 2012 the company announced the Silver Privilege Fares and Fare Guarantee program and the across the board incentives were cut significantly. I know that our Silversea PCC threw in an on board credit for our cruise this past May literally at the last moment....I got the email while we were awaiting our connecting flight to Athens....and that was nice but not nearly what it had been two years previous. I think they still have specials or incentives but not nearly what it was like 3 or so years ago.

Edited by Randyk47