9/15/14 Vision Report of W. Caribbean

Just back from a Vision trip and any questions please ask! I am happy to help!

9/14/14 up at the crack of basically dawn, and finishing that last bit of packing! I am making sure I have all the dogs stuff pack, and ready to go! I packed the car, and then I loaded the dogs in the car holding my breath that I can get Nikki safely in! Off we go! The dogs and I get to the Kennel and again I hope Nikki(15+yr) gets out of the Forester okay, or I am not going past go! I get her into the kennel just fine. I talk to the Kennel go back over everything, make sure they have everything! Off I go to Logan Express to get into Logan to get my JB flight!

Having panic attacks that I am leaving the dogs, and that I am not going to be on time for the flight! I am hoping no traffic on the pike! Don't want to take time to fire up GPS to give me that info.

Smooth ride to Logan Express except they have moved! Not where I thought they were! Yikes ! I found it and waited about 35 minutes! Caught the bus, and off to Logan I go! Exhale then deep breath; Yeah!

I am at the plane that I am going to catch to head to FLL!

20140914_125838.jpg

Here I start on my trip!

I did see Allure leave from the road on the way to the Hilton! It turns out the nice balcony does not face the port !

Here are some pix's from my hotel Balcony. Sunset Pix

20140915_070125.jpg

I wake up early to watch Vision arrive on Camera, and I went out and took a few sunrise pix!

20140915_065954.jpg

I went down a little later for coffee and breakfast! I am starting to get very excited! Can someone turn the humidity down to 125%!

I deal with finish moving clothes around and pack in the water, wine and clothes into my carry-on bag! I put on the luggage tags! Now it is really hitting that I am about to get the keys to the kingdom!

I ended up taking a taxi to the boat! $20.00.

Luggage area was a little nuts, but that was to be expected! Got the 2 bags too the porter and then off to get through the start of security and check in. I get to security and my bag gets called for bag check!

I just smile don't say word! Let her check it! She found the 2 allowed bottles and the 6 pack of water! She picked each item out! She picked the water out broke the plastic shook and put the bag back together with everything in it and off I went! Here I go! Up stairs! I ran into Frank from CC's who had a 50+ people coming! I talked to him for a little bit. Off I

went to go check-in! ! I get into the suite line and it took maybe 2 minutes to get up to the desk to check-in!

1st pix of Vision

All checked in! Wow is that ramp steep and hot! Yikes!

I sat in the Centrum for a bit and then headed to deck 9

First drink

20140915_123709.jpg

Bar issue is being handled 3 sat. tables before true bar!

20140915_125121.jpg

More to come soon!

looking forward to your review and pics.....thanks for starting this thread....:)

we board Vision next week ~ can't wait.

one question i do have.....

was a "Gold Card" Suite Breakfast offered in either Chops or Giovanni's as RCL has on other Vision class ships ??

thanks i anxiously await your reply and continued review.....:)

Before I start backup the report. I wanted to take a quick minute and share my insight on what I hope feel is valuable information about the ship that you can bank away if needed.

I am from the North East Massachusetts, I am just outside Worcester. We don't have beyond that humid heat that now has blasted me in April and now September, and beyond kicked my tail! I am going to be more prepared for my trip in March! Thanfully I will be spending a few days with Mom in Fla at Vero Beach, before boarding Liberty!

The weather was beyond great, but it was beyond humid was an understatement. I found the A/C was working, but the air was not moving! With all that glass areas would get hotter! I don't remember no air movement in Brilliance. Do any of the newer ships have ceiling fans throughout some public areas?

I would suggest bring battery fans! I might try to see if I can find on clearence a personal spritzer fan bottle and more. I finally got more use to it and the trip was over! I believe I am going to start a travel bag with some of these items! I couldn't find the 1 fan I had!

As amazing as the cabin was it only had 1 outlet[emoji33] ! For all us slaves to recharging electronics/cameras not good! It was not in good place either! I looked for another oulet, and no luck! It would of been nice if when they dry docked the ship to add 1 more!

looking forward to your review and pics.....thanks for starting this thread....:)

we board Vision next week ~ can't wait.

one question i do have.....

was a "Gold Card" Suite Breakfast offered in either Chops or Giovanni's as RCL has on other Vision class ships ??

thanks i anxiously await your reply and continued review.....:)

I didn't even know that was offered! I had Room Service ordered breakfast on the balcony most mornings!

Here is what 8088 looks like and the keys to the Kingdom as I call it! It was amazing and the wrapped part came in so handy during my birthday dinner! It was so incredibly special that I had this cabin and it all worked out!

http://vid96.photobucket.com/albums/l197/justmekaren918/2014%20Vision%20Birthday%20Trip/20140915_131146.mp4

Still Pix of the cabin:

20140915_140914.jpg

20140915_140919.jpg

50th Birthday flowers from my Mom ~ I can't believe she figured it out! Bless her heart!

20140915_135216.jpg

The pilot boat and other keeping watch, and us safe in port while were are starting are/my so deserved vacation. We were the only ones in port! :rolleyes:

20140915_141009.jpg

I realize the celebrations on ship are endless, but would it kill RCI to through in a small gift basket or a bottle of champs for such a milestone birthday that they were very well aware of! In fact the person checking me in said nothing! Yet the hotel did!

I know a few years ago traveling to Vegas on conference I was also celebrating my b-day and checking in and asking for an upgrade they were not able to do it because they were to afraid that when I was moved back I would loose my view! They as working on all of it requested a bottle of champs delivered to my room! Guess what I bought 2 more on my b-day, because of it plus it was good and $10.00 a bottle!

Here we are leaving FLL and the hotels no one is there since it is a school day!

20140915_165321.jpg

20140915_165324.jpg

Drink about gone! Very tasty!

20140916_121341.jpg

Well on the balcony and moving and not much air! After a very hot and seemed longer Muster drill watching leaving now out of the harbor seemed nice from my ac room! The humidly was just playing havoc on me!

I literally was watching from the couch and spending small amount of time on the balcony trying to get adjust to this LA swap heat! For the next day this is pretty much what I did! I am going to be in trouble trying to do the excursions if I can't get used to it! I went up on 9 to watch the football for a minute on my way to WJ for dinner! It was great cause hardly anyone was there so hopefully it won't be overly hot!

Having dinner at the WJ and it dawn on me looking at all the nautical flag panels in the light. If anyone of them were truly part of the real flag chart!

20140915_202110.jpg

We used to have plates on Launakila (sp) that the edge was part of the flag charts!

I was going to go down to the 70's night since I brought stuff to wear, but everywhere there were a ton of people the air cond. could not keep up! It was just too flat hot for me personally, but all summer I had the ac on and at a pretty good clip to keep the house reasonable and not let in the air that was causing me all the allergies! I have never had such a bad year with allergies!

I ended up watching the game on my cabin tv after the wj and falling asleep!

I woke up the next am and turned the tv on and there was the 70's show, so that was very cool! Steve Davis and crew were so bringing it and everyone was so in to the whole thing!

I had coffee and cleaned up and headed down to the MDR for breakfast hoping the lower you got in the ship the better the AC should be! Not! I am thinking maybe if they haven't HVAC the ship out maybe it might be worth looking into if it can be done!

I met some really nice couples at breakfast in MDR, and had a decent breakfast! Clearly I learned very quickly that breakfast is very mass produced and orders for MDR and RS are just scooped out of what they are doing to make those orders!

I had a nice discussion with the 3 couples and getting the conversation going if this was a first cruise or are you a seasoned cruiser? 2 couples were seasoned and the other was brand new! They were pretty impressed with my knowledge and the choices that I had made, and I said that it was mostly due to CC's and the forums on how educating they can be and the wealth of knowledge that it offers if you look or ask!

I am really for the most part enjoying Vision! She is well taken care of and clean and looks good! The cabin was in great shape. One of the quick things that I was having is navigating around her! I was always going the wrong way trying to get back to the cabin! I know I was not the only one making such comments. Going from Radiance class to Vision class everything is not where it is suppose to be for CV and more!

The other thing I was figuring out about Vision is the girl has a pretty good vibration and I was wondering how it would be in the MDR! I was not really cool in the cabin when you are trying to sleep and the bed is vibrating pretty good with no stopping! :rolleyes: As I mention this that some said it was the seas! The propulsion system working hard to keep the ship tru! I will have to say after leaving Roatan it was better! I am wondering if they were working on something to help this issue, or am I just getting used to it!

The weather is beyond best accept for what feels like 300% humidly!

20140916_121345.jpg

My days goal get used to this heat and humidly! I just spent time going between the cranked down ac and the balcony one the sun was off of it! By the end of the day my toleration level was getting better! In between I would go up via secret stairs to the solarium bar and get something to drink! That bar was never really packed! I got an egg salad and chips out of the café on 1 run!

I did MDR that night after Captains reception! I had the classic chicken! Pretty good! Headed back to the balcony for possible star gazing!

Little French Key in the am! I am hoping I can find the transport without to much issue! I hear all the locals so what to help! I can't wait this place is suppose to be very cool! Birthday eve day!

Whoops I forgot I haven't shown any sunset shots!

This is I believe Miami and due to how humid it is it was creating fog!

056.jpg

The sunset fade so quickly due to that fog, so no real pix, but day 1 full here are some pretty great shots!

115.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l197/justmekaren918/2014%20Vision%20Birthday%20Trip/2014%20Vision%20sunset%20pix/179.jpg

171.jpg

149.jpg

176.jpg

Rotan tomorrow and Little French Key!

Track back again! Photo issue so here is the Captain's Welcome party!

Woman handing out champs:

188.jpg

Steve about to intro the Capitan

196.jpg

Capitan

200.jpg

We dub these people the Titanic crowd; Tad creepy!

204.jpg

The aerial act sneak preview

215.jpg

It was a really great party! Wonderful people watching! I met to girls and turned it into some fun! Frank was all decked out!

Onto our arrival into Rotan

230.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Pix coming into Roatan for the day!

240.jpg

233.jpg

228.jpg

250.jpg

248.jpg

Docking and heading to shore! Time to find the LFK shuttle to Little French Key! Nice day but hot and humid! Me in front of Vision on the dock!

Me at the pier! I helped a really nice couple and they returned the favor! All the other ships camera pix looked even worse! Me just too hot! Day just beginning.

20140917_102653.jpg

It was a tad tough finding Little French Key Tour and the Van was just pulling in when about all of us were headed out to find it!

I highly recommend finding a tour and doing the island that way! I don't think it is an island that you want to go off an explore yourself.

We went through some towns and shopping on our way to the Frenchy's 44 dock to head to the island.

20140917_111313.jpg

Here are some cravings and such. This was a great spot and I am sure is hoping at night in this area of the island.

20140917_110451.jpg

20140917_110045.jpg

20140917_110055.jpg

More scenic from Frenchy's 44

20140917_111317.jpg

First look at the side of the island from the water.

20140917_111621.jpg

Next arriving on the boat to Little French Key.

Little French Key is a little slice of heaven. It was a great day! Not all that packed. They had 2 bars and a ton of area's to call your own! The food and drinks were good! The Workers very nice! Not really pedaling anything.

The horses have there own spot.

20140917_111744.jpg

20140917_111635.jpg

This is just 1 side and cove looking out to open water

20140917_141422.jpg

I thought I had gotten a pix of the lion and the monkey's as well.

They were in the process of building a really big enclosure for this jaguar since it was not getting along with the lion! Yes, these animals did not look in the best shape.

20140917_112744.jpg

What kind of looked like a pirate ship.

20140917_154316.jpg

I did not buy the snorkel tour that they offer, but there was not much to see right round the property! It was a great place to relax and enjoy for the day!

I talked to a family that was on Sunshine and they said the food was horrible. They were hoping to find some decent food at LFK. It was good!

Next getting back to the boat and leaving Roatan.

Back at the pier.

20140917_164513.jpg

1st Evening drink on the way to seeing if we have runners!

Sure enough there is always one!

20140916_161934-1.jpg

Carnival I believe it was Sunshine and Glory leaving their port!

Sunshine

256.jpg

Glory

255.jpg

They both left a good hour or more before us and yet we basically catch them and pass the first one later as I am taking the sunset pix's

Sunset pix's

283.jpg

282.jpg

Here we come Cozumel. A bunch of us at the White Party and looking at my watch at 12:30am and realizing I am now 50th wow! We had a great night didn't take any pix though. Was a little sad that they didn't use that big screen as a video board of the crowd in such!

Having a Birthday breakfast on the balcony as the ship comes into Cozumel.

322.jpg

325.jpg

324.jpg

Paradise coming in as I was finishing breakfast.

330.jpg

On the pier and heading for the Tax's to head to Nachi Cocom

Ms. Vision looking all good! Next to the 2 Carnival ships she looked awesome.

20140918_164101.jpg

Next stop Nachi Cocom

I headed to Nachi Comcom for a fabulous day, and beyond wonderful food and drink. ! I was treated like a queen. Only 1 toddler to boot and they were up at the pool Yeah!

20140918_150459.jpg

20140918_131706.jpg

20140918_132216.jpg

Nice Cold Strawberry Daiquiri ~ Happy 50th to me!

20140918_133401.jpg

Lunch ~ Champagne Chicken ~ beyond amazing

20140918_145345.jpg

20140918_145349.jpg

Spent a great day enjoying the sun, snorkeling, but they don't really have any reefs right off the beach! My water camera didn't really want to work. The water was clear and wonderful. Your assigned person will call you a taxi when you want to go back to the ship! Takes about 15 mins. travel time!

I am headed back and maybe a tad shopping. I will come back again for some quiet! Think I will do an am snorkel excursion.

Back at the ship! Go up and get another Wild Berry Lava flow! Watch the stragglers! I can't see them from my aft! Then go back and enjoy dinner on the balcony at sunset!

Cozumel from the ship and thanks for another great day! I will be back at the end of March!

348.jpg

368.jpg

Did I mention the weather gods gave us the best weather the whole trip! The seas as you can see are flat calm! To make this a really special trip and 50th Birthday!

367.jpg

376.jpg

Dinner soon to be arriving! I can't believe my idea worked! I got my surf and turf and it happened to be the best sunset of the cruise! If I hadn't mention it; this was a major milestone birthday!

All the afts we out enjoying the sunset unfolding! The sunset will be on the port side tonight, so I will be in the line of gawking to get looks! Except I have the wrapped corner aft. I quickly moved the lounger and put the table in chairs in the wrapped section and had a nice private dinner!

Dinner Surf and Turf, Champagne, B-day flowers and amazing sunset

377.jpg

387.jpg

387.jpg

I believe those are the lights of Cancun

406.jpg

409.jpg

414.jpg