San Pedro to Union Station

snowflakesb

OP Amtrak has (or had??) bus service from San Pedro to LAUPT. That may be an option if it works with your schedule and could be tied in with your train schedule. It may be inconvenient because if it is still operating, I think the stop is outside the cruise terminal.

Both of the big shuttle companies ( Super Shuttle and Prime Time) also serve this route.

A taxi would probably be the most costly of your options.

Your choice will depend a lot on the time you need to be at LAUPT>

OP Amtrak has (or had??) bus service from San Pedro to LAUPT. That may be an option if it works with your schedule and could be tied in with your train schedule. It may be inconvenient because if it is still operating, I think the stop is outside the cruise terminal.

Both of the big shuttle companies ( Super Shuttle and Prime Time) also serve this route.

A taxi would probably be the most costly of your options.

Your choice will depend a lot on the time you need to be at LAUPT>

You know that there is only ONE train between LA and Palm Springs, the Sunset Limited, which leaves LA at 10 pm and only runs 3 days a week?

Any other service to Palm Springs is basically a bus. You have a 30 minute train ride to Fullerton, then a 2 hour Amtrak Thruway bus to Palm Springs.

With that said, the Amtrak "shuttle" referred to is another Amtrak Thruway bus to LA. There is a stop near the cruise terminal, which is listed by Amtrak as "San Pedro-Catalina Terminal", station code SPD. If you use Amtrak.com and try to book a trip SPD-PSS (Palm Springs-downtown), you will find that there is Amtrak Thruway bus that leave the "catalina terminal" at 9:05 am, arrives LA at 10:25 am, connects to Surfliner 572 for a 29 minute ride to Fullerton, which connects to Amtrak Thruway bus 4968 that leaves Fullerton at 11:55 am and gets to Palm Springs at 1:50 pm.

If you want to do that, you need to get reticketed SPD-PSS instead of LAX-PSS.

You know that there is only ONE train between LA and Palm Springs, the Sunset Limited, which leaves LA at 10 pm and only runs 3 days a week?

Any other service to Palm Springs is basically a bus. You have a 30 minute train ride to Fullerton, then a 2 hour Amtrak Thruway bus to Palm Springs.

With that said, the Amtrak "shuttle" referred to is another Amtrak Thruway bus to LA. There is a stop near the cruise terminal, which is listed by Amtrak as "San Pedro-Catalina Terminal", station code SPD. If you use Amtrak.com and try to book a trip SPD-PSS (Palm Springs-downtown), you will find that there is Amtrak Thruway bus that leave the "catalina terminal" at 9:05 am, arrives LA at 10:25 am, connects to Surfliner 572 for a 29 minute ride to Fullerton, which connects to Amtrak Thruway bus 4968 that leaves Fullerton at 11:55 am and gets to Palm Springs at 1:50 pm.

If you want to do that, you need to get reticketed SPD-PSS instead of LAX-PSS.

I am sure your information will help the person who asked the question make a decision.

One more thing to be aware of with Amtrak and PS. If you arrive by train, the station is north of town in the middle of nowhere (but adjacent to I-10). I would prearrange a pick-up and ride into town. You could alert a taxi company and then text them enroute.

The Amtrak bus from Fullerton stops downtown and then the airport. I believe there are 2 daily buses and the evening one continues the route into Palm Desert.

Wow thanks for all the info, very helpful. I going to take the train and bus from union station to Palm springs airport and my brother in law will pick me up there. The only thing I am not sure of, when you say the bus is "near the cruise terminal", how close is near when dragging a suitcase...

Wow thanks for all the info, very helpful. I going to take the train and bus from union station to Palm springs airport and my brother in law will pick me up there. The only thing I am not sure of, when you say the bus is "near the cruise terminal", how close is near when dragging a suitcase...

Make sure and get your ticket changed from LAX to SPD if that is what you are going to do. You need it for the Amtrak Thruway bus between San Pedro and LA. It should only be a couple dollars more.

It is at Berth 95 at Front St & Swinford.

You also need to make sure you can get off the ship, through customs, and find the bus stop and get out there by 9:05.

Edited by zephyr17