Norwegian Sun Aft Balconies Decks 8 and 10

PeterF206

Looking at recommended aft balcony room on Norwegian Sun. #8079 and #0267 are all that's left. Looking at deck plan, it appears that the Stardust Lounge is on the deck immediately below #8079 and the restaurants are on the deck immediately above #0267. I'm worried about noise from below or above. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

I have stayed in 9076 twice. If I were to book again and had to make your choice I would book the 10th deck. See in my avatar the back is tiered so that only if you are out at the rail and looked straight up would you likely be in a clear view. Although there might be some noise from the Great Outdoors, which is above, I would prefer that to a nightclub. You might get a stray banana peel or napkin on your verandah, but I do not expect that would be a problem of excess.

It's no secret on CC that I love the Sun and the aft. You would be in for a treat with either.

Deck 9 is optimum, but that aft view is worth is on any deck to me. We are on deck 9 aft on our next cruise in November and can't wait. That said, I would book the 10th deck rather than the 8th, just because of the nightclub noise. I wouldn't mind the sound of a chair now and again from above. The nightclub noise might not bother you if you are a night owl who is out and about on the ship.

Happy Cruising!

We stayed in a mini on 10 and I'd pick 10 over 8. We did have some food find it down to our balcony a couple times and you would get gulls at times flying up to the Great Outdoors area which generated something else on our balcony/railing. We also had soot a couple times but that seems to be really hit or miss according to others who have stayed back there.

You should be generally pretty good overall in that location. I also did hear some chair scrapping for about 5 minutes at 6 a.m. but the location is nice since one floor up to the buffet and the bar. The buffet is small but the Great Outdoors is an option for seating at breakfast and lunch or you can go to Moderno which also served some food.