NCL ship departs without 50+ passengers transported by NCL bus

kiyoko

Jim yes it was! We do this all the time and the bus is booked thru NCL! I would be beyond livid if this happened to me!

For the 9 millionth and hopefully last time, the fact that you can book this through NCL doesn't change the fact that the service is provided by Academy Bus, an independent company, on their equipment, and that it can also be booked directly through Academy for the same price.

This no more an NCL-provided service than an airline flight you buy through NCL and NCL has no obligation to hold the ship if the bus is late.

Edited by njhorseman

Don't care. It sucks. Then NCL shouldn't offer these services. I'm pretty sure if you book Choice Air through RCCL, they guarantee yo get you to the next stop....I think.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Uh...no. That is a myth. To quote Royal Caribbean:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=air_travel_programs

If any delays or cancellations jeopardize your plans, we work quickly with the airline to get you on the next available flight for your cruise.

"Working quickly with the airline" guarantees nothing. That "next available flight" might be two or three days or even more from your original flight.

One thing I do want to mention regarding the bus transfer that we purchased through NCL. We received a call from NCL last week, telling us that they had changed the return trip time. The bus was originally set to pick us from the pier at 10:30-11:00. They changed this time to 1:00pm. We were given a $50 OBC because of the inconvenience of having to wait for the bus. I felt that that was a very nice gesture on NCL's part. :)