Getaway-Large Balcony(B6)

Tminish

Please forgive me if there's already a thread going with this topic. I tried looking it up as much as possible but I really didn't find what I was looking for.

I was booked a guarantee balcony up until today. I checked prices and for only .50 more I could upgrade to a B6-Large Balcony. So I did. I am now in cabin #:9712 but it looks like the balcony is a bit weirdly shaped. With the way it is, is it really a "large" balcony?

Any information, pictures, or videos on this room or one like it please feel free to share.

Thank you kindly.

• 1 year later...

That might have been my cabin. This is a fabulous upgrade if you enjoy laying out on your balcony. We had a large table, two chairs, and one lounger with space to spare. I love laying outside at night so I always try to book cabins with lounge chairs if possible. Sometimes the cost doesn't make sense but for $50 I'd do it every single time.

Cabin is the same as all the other balcony cabins, it's your balcony that is double the space :)

Bermuda, was your balcony an angled one? 9712 is an angle, I'm hoping it has a lounger and hopefully a table. Thanks for the info.

I have some pics of that cabin (at a distance), both port and starboard side from a few months ago. One side appears that the angled balcony has two chairs and a table. The other side appears to have a lounger and one chair and a table. A lounger would fit ok on the deeper side of the balcony but only a chair on the other side as the balcony depth travels into about half. If you didn't have a lounger and wanted one, I imagine your cabin attendant could get you one and remove one of the chairs.

Here are a few links to photos of the balcony and an awesome thread about balcony cabins on the breakaway (same as getaway). I remember asking this very question before we switched into a square B6.

Here you can see your angled balcony. In this picture it doesn't look like there are lounge chairs on it, but you can certainly ask. We had a B6 on the Breakaway (with lounge chair) and then took a guarantee on the getaway. By chance, we were assigned a handicapped balcony on the getaway. That balcony was extra long (not deep) and could fit a lounger chair. I requested nicely (and tipped) cabin steward and she produced a lounge chair on that balcony, so I don't see why you couldn't get one on the your balcony.

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

Enjoy!!