Radiance E2/D2 Cabin?

chester32

Wondering if anyone could tell me if a D2 is much better than an E2, have a current booking in a E2 extended balcony but could pay an extra $278.00 for a D2 aft balcony , having never cruised in either of these cabins not sure if it is worth paying extra for the D2 any advice?

It's one of those value judgements. The D2 is a little bit bigger, and those aft ones have large balconies.

But whether any of that is of use/value and whether you prefer or not the location (some don't like the further walk, or the perspective, and others prefer it) is a personal choice. For me, personally, if I was happy with the first location, I probably wouldn't be inclined to switch just for that, but again some people love Aft balconies so would take it as a priority.

We had an E2 and an E1 forward and alongside each other on Radiance. The cabins were spacious, the balconies were not large but quite adequate and the views were terrific. It was a long walk to anywhere, except the theatre though. Our cabins creaked in the swells and if you check other reviews this is a well known problem. It may or may not annoy you! The wardrobe doors also kept opening and closing constantly so take some socks or cardboard to wedge these shut. I've not tried a rear balcony yet, but thought the Radiance balcony cabin was great. Much bigger than Princess, probably the equal to a junior suite on Princess. Oh, and apart from the creaking and door banging it was very peaceful and a pleasant cabin.

Steve.

We've had an E3 before and a D2 aft. We loved the aft D2 because of the huge balcony (2 chairs, large table plus two long loungers) - and so very quiet back there too. But it all depends on how long your cruise is and whether you can justify spending another $278. :)

I would take the D2 in a flash, particularly if you can snaffle the corner afts. Balcony is 3x. D2 Cabin is slightly larger with a 3 seater couch rather than a 2seater.

Dont like the forward extended balconies as they have no privacy and can be seen onto from both the Bridge and the Top deck glass humps.