Gem Mid Balcony

rmack0423

My wife & I just booked a cruise on the Gem for next September (9/5). We are in cabin 10574. We are cruising for the first time in 25 years. Went on cruise for our honeymoon and here we are again for our 25th anniversary. Anyway a couple of questions: is this a quiet room? What are balconies like? What is cabin itself like?

Edited by rmack0423

Happy Anniversary!

Deck 10 is my favorite deck on the Jewel class ships (of which the Gem is one); you have cabins above and below you. You cabin is also well situated mid-ship. The balcony cabins pretty much look the same inside; these photos are from the Jewel a few years ago, so your decor may be different. Have a great cruise!

JewelCruiseOct2010033.jpg

JewelCruiseOct2010028.jpg

(photos by turtles06)

Mid ship balconies are wonderful rooms. It should be relatively quiet. The only time I can ever hear anything is if the door is open and people are coming in/out. I have never heard my neighbors.

The balcony is great. I love to just sit and stare at the endless blue with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. You will hear your balcony neighbors but it's not bothersome.

Enjoy and Happy Anniversary.