Rental car out of MIA

barrelracer89

What is the best company to rent a car from in Miami that has a shuttle to the port once you drop the car off?? We are flying in the day before our cruise in December and the hotel we are staying at only has a shuttle to the POM at 1 pm and that is was to late for me to get there

Thank you in advance for all the answers

Assuming your hotel is near the MIA airport, National, Alamo & Thrifty (and maybe others) offer a free shuttle from MIA to POM - meaning you do not get to "enjoy" driving in downtown Miami traffic. ;)

Hertz in downtown also offer a shuttle to POM but is often overwhelmed with cruise passengers. I've seen mixed reports about Avis/Budget in downtown - if they do not offer a free shuttle a taxi will only be about $12.

Good luck! :)

Is it better to rent a car a head of time or when we get there??

You are almost always better off reserving your car ahead of time - use a travel web site (I like www dot carrentals dot com) to compare several agencies. Check with your auto insurance provider - you are likely covered by your policy and can ignore the sales pitch for CDW and other over priced offers.

You are almost always better off reserving your car ahead of time - use a travel web site (I like www dot carrentals dot com) to compare several agencies. Check with your auto insurance provider - you are likely covered by your policy and can ignore the sales pitch for CDW and other over priced offers.

Thank you!

If you rent a car from MIA does it matter what company it is to use the shuttle to POM??

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you!

If you rent a car from MIA does it matter what company it is to use the shuttle to POM??

As I mentioned in my initial response to your posting "National, Alamo & Thrifty (and maybe others) offer a free shuttle from MIA to POM." So either rent from National, Alamo or Thrifty - if you find a deal from someone else then call to verify that they also shuttle to POM or be prepared to pay $25+tip for the cab from MIA to POM.

Have a good cruise! :)