Oasis of the seas - Barcelona 5 nights - quick feedback

I just wanted to say that I have been on serval cruises with different lines and cruised with Royal over 15 times. Until last week I had never been on the Oasis and the size of this ship is genuinely unbelievable.

Check in was very swift and we got on the ship within 10 minutes.

Even though the ship was almost full; apparently 5,900 people were on board it never felt congested and you could always find a table in one of the numerous bars.

The ship is super stable at sea and we never felt any movement whatsoever.

Come fly with me was very good. Hairspray was boring however it's not my thing. The one aqua show we went to was super impressive likewise the ice skating show.

Food overall seemed to be some of the best I have experienced in main dining rooms at sea. The main dining room overall seemed to be a touch above previous cruises.

Giovanni's table was excellent and worth the 25usd cover charge.

150 Central Park was a great experience however I personally enjoyed Giovanni's better. We didn't go to Chops since we have been so many times before.

The pool desks are huge and we loved the solarium. Finding a sun bed was never a struggle.

The diamond lounge was decent however very busy on the first night, every night after it was half empty. Ed the concierge was very helpful.

Overall I would rate the cruise 9/10, clearly I was very impressed. The Oasis class is my new preferred ship. :cool:

Thanks for the great review. It sounds like you approached it with a really open attitude and mind. It is particular nice to see given some really negative comments I have seen from the same cruise.

I'm glad your experience was, generally speaking, so positive - I have not sailed Oasis but I have been on Allure and loved it.

Edited by jo24