Boston Pier rental car

CA Cruiser

I have elderly friends sailing the Maasdam from Montreal to Boston, spending 3 days post cruise in Sandwich. Which rental car company is the closest to the Port? They want to pick it up there, avoiding the airport and drop it off at the airport 3 days later. Any recommendations or experience in doing this?confused.gif

I don't know about other rental car companies, but Enterprise advertises that it will take the car to you and pick the car up from you when you are finished. If it will actually take the car to the pier for you and let you leave it there when you finish your stay, this would probably be best. I don't know if other rental agencies will do this.

However, driving in Boston itself is not to be recommended (and I assume that the time will be actually spent in Sandwich, not Boston). Traffic is very dense, compounded by the Big Dig related projects that are still on-going.

Archived