Taking UHT rice/lactose free milk on Mariner

Hi,

Hubby and I cruised on Mariner last year and we loved it apart from the fact we are lactose intolerant and the soy used on the ship is not to our taste.

We are keen to take our own milk on board and wondered if anyone else has done this.

We will be purchasing an ultimate drink package so it's not like we are trying to avoid buying drinks!

I emailed RCI but the reply I received made absolutely no sense....."Requesting to let go of everting mad go and eat.cancel the pynts for the

house"

Cheers in advance:)

Factory sealed foods of virtually any kind are allowed to be brought onboard.

Oops, just noticed you're from Oz. That might make a bit of difference. I was quoting USPH regulations, your Board of Trade may have different rules, but generally sealed food can be brought onboard, but local regulations govern what can be taken off ship in ports.

Edited by chengkp75

I asked them about lactose free on Voyager and they sent me a reply about being able to take my own gluten free biscuits ... asked them again and they said there was lactose free milk... I asked them to verify it was real milk and not Soy, I was specific in my original request, they never replied....

On the Singapore to Sydney next month ... if what RCI has told me is wrong (as I suspect it will be) then I will just go without I think. I was impressed last year that Celebrity had lactose free though.

My wife is lactose intolerant and has never had a problem in getting lactose free milk on the ship. We contact the special needs dept after making our reservation to make them aware, and you do need to ask for the milk in the windjammer or mdr. They have soy milk available as well, and sometimes there can be a bit of confusion as the staff doesn't always seem to understand the difference...you just need to make it clear what you are asking for.

My wife is lactose intolerant and has never had a problem in getting lactose free milk on the ship. We contact the special needs dept after making our reservation to make them aware, and you do need to ask for the milk in the windjammer or mdr.

Done that, they are the ones that first replied about the biscuits :) we shall see when we get on ... a few weeks without would probably do me some good anyway.