So sad, but I must go. Maybe another time

Agreed, but is it smart business to ignore the concerns of their most loyal customers in order to attract new cruisers that might, or might not, become regulars on RC?

It's a mistake to assume that most loyal cruisers won't like DD. We're D+ and cruise several times a year with RC and are very excited about DD to the extent that it will keep us coming back to RC even more. A recent thread by ChipLondon (a VERY loyal cruiser as he's Pinnacle) also highlighted that there are many cruisers (including some of the most loyal ones) who are also excited about DD.

And, as pointed out, the people who are most vocal on here about their lack of love for DD are in a very very small minority of the total number of people who cruise.

Edited by Bobal

We should always be aware that posters on CC are the minority among the cruising public. Quite frankly, most of the 'most loyal' cruisers are not the most profitable members. Loyalty only goes so far. Profitability is a much more important factor.

I wholeheartly agree with you on this one. It doesn´t matter what I personally think about it. RCI is a Business and they Need to do what makes sense for them. While I personally don´t think it´s the right direction to go I won´t whine about it. I will voice my displeasure, but in the end they do what they think they Need to, just as me. I won´t even say I will never cruise on a ship with DD, but if I have a choice between a ship with DD and another with traditional Dining I know where I will go. If it means less cruising on RCI, so be it. I´m not chained to them and there´s other cruise lines out there.

BTW as to the high ranking C&A members being old School, it was surprisingly the younger crowd late 20´s to 40´s high ranking C&A crowd that was most opposed to DD.

It's a mistake to assume that most loyal cruisers won't like DD. We're D+ and cruise several times a year with RC and are very excited about DD to the extent that it will keep us coming back to RC even more. A recent thread by ChipLondon (a VERY loyal cruiser as he's Pinnacle) also highlighted that there are many cruisers (including some of the most loyal ones) who are also excited about DD.

And, as pointed out, the people who are most vocal on here about their lack of love for DD are in a very very small minority of the total number of people who cruise.

You might be right or not, there is simply no evidence for either side to prove majority opinions.

In the end RCI will do what they want anyway and None of us can Change it. Some will win some will lose. That´s life and life will go on.

However my opinion - and it´s no more than a personal opinion - is, that RCI is rather silent about the further ROll out of DD because of some opposed opinions about it they didn´t expect. They will do it anyway, but they Keep their lips more closed about this to get themselves out of the fire. Again just my opinion about it.