do balconys connect

mothergoose3

Balcony dividers can be opened, but you have to ask early. They only open up a certain number of them per ship, per cruise, due to some safety requirements.

We had asked our cabin steward to see about getting our opened, but by the time he'd gotten around to it, the maximum number (20 on the Legend) had already been opened. Best bet is to see the Purser's Desk as soon as you can.

Some here have said you have to see the Purser to get your name on a list because they can only open a set number (not sure why). So I guess I'd first ask your room steward and see if he'll do it or if you need to see the Purser.

John

Edit: Looks like Fern_Crest beat me to the enter key ;).

On the Glory your cabin STEWARD (even thought the phone says stewart) will open it IF your balcony divider does not open onto another door. And it will partialy cover a window. Spirit class ships (like the Legend) have a different style of divider that hinges at the rail. And has to be physically removed and stored. Therefore they limit it. Tip your Steward and ask him/her nicely. Good Luck

Archived