~Trivia~ remember the DAM $'s?

sassy~one

I love trivia and I really hate people who take it serious [it is trivia after all].

But I also don't like questions where the answer varies depending where you are from, or when they simply get the answer wrong [usually because they asked the wrong question.

Examples

How many wheels has a semi-trailer. US answer 18, in Australia you will almost never see one with 18 wheels they all have 22.

Who was Australia's first Female Lord Mayor answer give Sallyanne Atkinsonm she was first of a Capital City, but Joy Cummings was Lord Mayor of Newcastle about 10 years earlier.

Both were asked on a cruise from Sydney and the lack of research invited people to argue.

But as I said it's trivia for goodness sake, this time playing for a luggage strap. If I was playing for a million bucks or my life I might care.

:):rolleyes::rolleyes:

We loved those DAM dollars! They got us to play silly games like "moose tossing."

Still have the sweatshirts and maybe even a suitcase somewhere.

If you do the Northern Cruise for the fall colours. You can get from the Toothy Moose various tee shirts at the port. Saw them last week what a hoot.

They were forced to discontinue the DAM Dollars because some people were counterfitting them on a color copier and bringing hundreds of them on board. We haven't seen anything but pins for the last couple of years, though occasionally they will give out a round of drinks for winners of multiple games.

WOW, just for some umbrellas or mag lights.

In addition to the many prizes already listed I got a set of golf balls once, with the HAL logo of course! Gave them away on the ship. My most useful prize has been a fold-up nylon tote bag in a snap-pouch that's about2.5 x 4". It comes with me a lot of places now, fit's in my pocket. Dam $s would be nice again, I have enough pins and have given most of them away.

Still fun though if you have the right mix of folks. I've made some lifelong friends from trivia and we've visited each other in our home countries, nice! If it's not fun, find another team that is! Life's too short to sweat the small stuff. And how much smaller can you get than trivia.... :) m--

I still have some Dam Dollars from a Westerdam cruise back in 2008. We had such a great time on that cruise that I just can't bring myself to throw them away.

I still have some of those, too.:) and back then, it seems there was more to do on the ship that earned you the Dam dollars as well. Even golf putting in the atrium - never see that now.