Sunday evening, flying in, shuttle?

Ilovesailaway

Flying in to Fort Lauderdale on Sunday at about 5:30pm for a Monday morning cruise out of Miami. The cruise is in February and I will be flying down from JFK.

My choices are to try to get to Miami that night or wait till the next morning. I will be with a group of 3. Our 4th is flying in to Miami from another city. Of course he would prefer if we try to make it down that night but that may be hard to accomplish.

Due to the possibility of delays I would rather stay near FLL and hire a shuttle to POM in the morning. Besides although I have used shuttles before I am not sure that I can reserve one for Sunday night. If we run late we may be SOL even if we reserved a shuttle.

Anyone have an opinion on the matter or any experience using a shuttle like MJS or SAS on a Sunday evening FLL to Miami? Did you have delays and if so did your shuttle leave you stranded at FLL?

Forget the shuttle - with 3 travelling together a cab is a better deal in the evening. You can taxi from FLL to downtown Miami hotels for about $75-80 or go Airport can set you up with a Towncar for about $90. The 4th flying into MIA will pay $25+ for a taxi to your downtown hotel.