Ordering Special Foods Due to Medical Conditions

Quampapetet

Does Celebrity do special needs dinner orders the same way RCCL and Carnival have done it for me in the past, which is to ask you the night before to tell them what you want (or order off the next night's menu, if they happen to have something you can eat on the menu)? And do they do a good job?

If we do this cruise we're thinking of doing, we will have two special food needs people (myself and another family member) due to various health conditions.

Does Celebrity do special needs dinner orders the same way RCCL and Carnival have done it for me in the past, which is to ask you the night before to tell them what you want (or order off the next night's menu, if they happen to have something you can eat on the menu)? And do they do a good job?

If we do this cruise we're thinking of doing, we will have two special food needs people (myself and another family member) due to various health conditions.

Yes.

As Celebrity is part of the RCCL family you will probably find the process quite similar (Maitre D will chat with you the night before with the next day's Menu)

Cheers!

Yes, Celebrity is excellent in respect of looking after special food needs. As per their website they have an "Access Department that looks after special requests such as yours. Contact them via voice at 1-866-592-7225 or send an e-mail to special_needs@celebrity.com with your requirements.

Good luck and happy cruising.

Great, thanks!

I didn't realize that Celebrity is part of RCCL. Can I use my RCCL past-cruiser number on Celebrity or are they two completely different programs?

Celebrity has their own loyalty program. You will need to obtain a Captain's Club number.

Great, thanks!

I didn't realize that Celebrity is part of RCCL. Can I use my RCCL past-cruiser number on Celebrity or are they two completely different programs?

Celebrity has their own loyalty program. You will need to obtain a Captain's Club number.

You will need to enroll in Celebrity's Program... But the two do have Reciprocal Agreements (User Privledges)

For more info read this FAQ from RCCL's Crown & Anchor Page

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=340&faqSubjectName=Crown+%26+Anchor+Society&faqId=971

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Yes, Celebrity is excellent in respect of looking after special food needs. As per their website they have an "Access Department that looks after special requests such as yours. Contact them via voice at 1-866-592-7225 or send an e-mail to special_needs@celebrity.com with your requirements.

You should have a Special Needs form as part of your cruise documents.

I fill this in and they say it needs to be submitted 90 days before the cruise( not sure what happens if you book late)

I pre- order my Lactose Free evening meal as I finish my meal. They also cater for gluten free, sugar free and Vegetarian meals. All use various symbols on the menu.

We once were invited to the Captains's Table and our Maitre'D was most vigilant. He made sure that the Maître'D in that part of the dining was informed and he kept checking that all was well with my food order.