grocery walking distance from MIA Embassy Suites?

psychtobe

Is there a grocery or market within walking distance of this hotel?

I can see there is a Publix but it is 4 miles away, 50 minutes by bus or requiring a taxi.

Car rental is $80 for 24 hours so would like to stay away from that.

Goal is to pick up a suitcase full of soft drinks and bottled water for the cruise. I don't mind walking with a suitcase for 15 minutes, but if it's not a safe area I'll take a taxi.

We land Saturday morning and have more than 24 hours til embarkation, so we may end up renting a car just to go to the beach, do some holiday shopping, whatever, but if we don't, would like to know our options.

Stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and took a taxi to Publix in Hialeah. Big mistake :eek: The surrounding area is unsafe. The store tried numerous times to have a taxi uplift us but the drivers do not want to pick up from there. Eventually a police car pulled up at the front door and we explained our predicament to the officer. Fortunately he managed to have a taxi collect us on the basis that he would stay us until they arrived. Lesson learned by us :o

thanks all, we'll just rent a car or find a different place. I have a free Hilton night and the kids like ES for the pool and the breakfast and we like it for the extra room. Might find a Homewood suites or similar, closer to a grocery and safer, yet still a short taxi or shuttle to both the port or airport?

Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA are close to a local strip mall with dining options plus grocery, drug and a liquor store. :D They offer airport shuttles and can arrange for a shuttle to POM for about $10-12 per person (with 4 in your group a taxi will be cheaper and should cost about $30 ;)).