Tours in Grand Cayman & Jamaica

I am taking our daughter, who is turning 50, on her first cruise to the Western Caribbean and I have no idea what are the better tours to book for the two of us to do. I do believe I have heard Dunn's River Falls is a must, but not too much else. Any suggestions would help. Want to make this a very special trip for her.

Thanks in advance.

I am taking our daughter, who is turning 50, on her first cruise to the Western Caribbean and I have no idea what are the better tours to book for the two of us to do. I do believe I have heard Dunn's River Falls is a must, but not too much else. Any suggestions would help. Want to make this a very special trip for her.

Thanks in advance.

There is a forum that talks specifically to Grand Cayman, Jamaica and other ports at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Take a look in that forum and you'll find a lot of discussions about various places to go and service providers to get you there.

I just got back from that cruise and loved Stingray City and the Blue Hole in Jamaica. I used Courtney Taylor Tours in Jamaica and MarineLand Tours in Grand Cayman and both were terrific. You can see more information, pictures, video, etc. about those excursions on my trip report.

Thanks for the grouper recommendation! We are doing a tour through Native Way that includes reef snorkeling, sting rays and reef point.

We haven't been to Grand Cayman before so I can't make a recommendation for the same yet but will be happy to report back in November.

haha i figured as much. Yes they have an outside faucet but the restroom has a showering area as well. Small overpriced gift shop and a GREAT bar!! Beach has sun and plenty of shady areas, what is shallow for quiet a ways out too. Perfect beach honestly. Loungers are free!!

Thanks in advance.

Dunn's River Falls is a good choice for Jamaica. Stingray City and the turtle farm are great choices for Grand Cayman.

Stingray City ...

StingrayCity1.jpg

IMGP0491.jpg

Turtle farm ...

zmTFI_zpsc1ae4b66.jpg

D8-1.jpg

D7-6.jpg

Dunns River Falls ...

IMGP0411.jpg

Thanks Cuiser2 for the suggestions and the pictures and to websiteauthor for all of his review. Such good suggestions from you both about stingray city, blue hole etc. that I can now look again for info on other areas of CC. Again you have been very helpful.