Port of Baltimore-Transportation

My husband and I are going on a cruise out of Baltimore next year. We will be flying in to BWI the day prior to the cruise. Does anyone know of a hotel that would offer a shuttle from the airport and then a shuttle from the hotel to the port? I am just trying to determine if that is possible or if we will need to get a taxi.

There are several -- start with the list here (from the cruise port's website)

http://www.cruise.maryland.gov/content/hotels

IMHO you might as well stay in the Inner Harbor area, it is a fun area and you can find dinner relatively easily.

Now if I could find a hotel where I could park my car during the cruise . . . .

We have done this twice and will do it again in March. We just take a taxi from BWI to our hotel in the Inner Harbor. Two years ago it cost $35 plus tip. I think a taxi to the port was about $15. I also believe it is a flat rate from the port to BWI (about $35) My advice is to choose the hotel you want based on amenities, location, and price. Sometimes you pay more for the "free" shuttle.

Thanks for your responses. We are planning on staying in National Harbor after the cruise and was looking at staying closer to the airport prior to the cruise if we could find a shuttle both ways. However, it looks like our best option will be staying at National Harbor pre and post cruise.

Thanks for your responses. We are planning on staying in National Harbor after the cruise and was looking at staying closer to the airport prior to the cruise if we could find a shuttle both ways. However, it looks like our best option will be staying at National Harbor pre and post cruise.

Will you be staying in the Inner Harbor or at National Harbor,? As the Inner Harbor is about a mile from the cruise port as National Harbor is about 30 miles away right outside of DC.?

If you want to enjoy Baltimore before and after I would stay in the Inner Harbor area pre and post cruise.

Here are a few links to get you around town to see the sites.

http://www.charmcitycirculator.com/

http://www.baltimorewatertaxi.com/