So RCI finally gave me my money back

About 3-4 weeks ago we cancelled two cruises on the Indy and moved to one cruise on the Navigator for fall 2015. Because we used a future cruise credit for one of them they were able to move us seamlessly to the Navigator and issue us a $700 refund for the other. Knowing RCI, the refund would show up in about 2 days. Well, a week goes by and DW calls them up. "Oh it will be 7-10 business days". No problem. We'll wait a bit. Another week goes by, no refund. Then the following week DW calls and they gave her this little nugget - > "Oh, we tried to refund your card but the credit card company refused it". So I call the CC company. "Nope, no such thing ever happened. We don't decline credits, ever.". DW calls them back. This time they say it will take another 7-10 business days. Today, a week after DW's last conversation with them and almost a month after the initial "refund", it finally showed up. Absolutely ridiculous.

I have no idea what is going on with that company lately. From shoddy back end software issues with "My Cruises" to sneaky sales pitches to outright lies about refunds. They've left a bad taste in my mouth lately.

Come on Royal, you're better than this. Get your poop in a group!

Edited by nbsjcruiser

Interesting, I just posted a response on another thread about refunds as well. What the heck is going on Royal???? I'm actually expecting a refund from a price adjustment that was done on Monday. Hope I don't encounter any issue. :confused:

Here's the link to the other thread in case you want to follow along.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2112004

Edited by CRUISEBOY305