Beware! Delays refunding a deposit

I had made a booking on board for a cruise with Royal. It turned out later on, that I was not able to do this cruise. So I have cancelled it on time before any deadline.

Many months later I still do not have the deposit refunded to my credit card. My travel agent keeps contacting a Royal representative, who keeps saying, she has already sent the request to accounting and that as soon as she has an answer she will let us know. This has been going for months now. :(

Has anybody experienced something similar?

Edited by travelberlin

I had made a booking on board for a cruise with Royal. It turned out later on, that I was not able to do this cruise. So I have cancelled it on time before any deadline.

Many months later I still do not have the deposit refunded to my credit card. My travel agent keeps contacting a Royal representative, who keeps saying, she has already sent the request to accounting and that as soon as she has an answer she will let us know. This has been going for months now. :(

We received our refund 5 days after we cancelled, it wasn't for the correct amount, but we did get it quickly. Is this a US booking? If it is, I would ask for a three way call between you, your TA and the cruise line. Something doesn't seem right.

I am dealing with something very similar,although mostly my fault. I booked liberty to Bermuda aug 8 ,a couple months ago. Since then i will call here and there and pay a few hundred on my RCI visa. Well two sundays ago i was bored and decided to just make an online payment. Somewhere during the process i never included payment amount. Needless to say they took the entire remaining balance. Somewheres around 4100.00. The next day i called and explained the situation . No big deal they were great. I told them to just refund me the 4100 minus a 400 dollar payment. They said no problem. Thiswas two weeks ago. Since then they have credited me 900.00 three different times!! Well that adds up to 2700.00. So i called yesterday and the associate (once again very nice and very professional) says that they are waiting for the remaing to be authorized. By the time they figure it out it would have been easier to let them keep it! Dan

Hope you get it resolved soon. IMHO opinion another reason not to use a travel agent. We had a direct booking with RCCL that we cancelled a couple weeks ago by phone - had the credit to our VISA in 4-5 days.

Hope you get it resolved soon. IMHO opinion another reason not to use a travel agent. We had a direct booking with RCCL that we cancelled a couple weeks ago by phone - had the credit to our VISA in 4-5 days.

What does having a TA doing the work mean a delay in refund? I work as a TA and when someone cancels a cruise, I contact the cruise line, cancel the booking, get a confirmation and information about the refund. It goes from the cruise line to the client, not to me in the middle.

Why would having me cancel delay your refund any more than you doing it yourself? Just another way people bash us. I'm sure there are some TAs who aren't doing their job as well as they should, but don't paint us all with the same brush.

What does having a TA doing the work mean a delay in refund? I work as a TA and when someone cancels a cruise, I contact the cruise line, cancel the booking, get a confirmation and information about the refund. It goes from the cruise line to the client, not to me in the middle.

Why would having me cancel delay your refund any more than you doing it yourself? Just another way people bash us. I'm sure there are some TAs who aren't doing their job as well as they should, but don't paint us all with the same brush.

I just meant that overall I'd rather deal with the provider directly and not have to go through a third party to get things done. I'm sure there are lots of great travel agents out there!:)

Edited by bouhunter

I just meant that overall I'd rather deal with the provider directly and not have to go through a third party to get things done. I'm sure there are lots of great travel agents out there!:)

Just another of one of those personal choice things.;) Lots will say that having a travel agent means they will go to bat for you when and if there's a problem.:)

Was the original deposit on your credit card to RCI or the TA?

Was the original deposit on your credit card to RCI or the TA?

The original deposit was made on board a ship and it was Royal who got the money from my credit card. This is very funny, that it takes so long for the refund and apparently is only me!

To whom in Royal shall I write about it?

The original deposit was made on board a ship and it was Royal who got the money from my credit card. This is very funny, that it takes so long for the refund and apparently is only me!

To whom in Royal shall I write about it?

people have had success with issues emailing Adam Goldstein

AGoldstein@rccl.com

Adam M. Goldstein

President and COO

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132-2096

Mr. Goldstein will not personally handle your problem but his executive office will

Thanks for your answers. I am glad to report that I have got the refund:). Maybe posting here has helped.

SO glad to hear this!!

I had cancelled a cruise in January 2015 after I booked a different one for a different week. After reading your post, I checked my cc and found that my refund had been processed right away. That's good, but really, I never would have checked if you hadn't mentioned it. Thanks for the heads up!!!