Splendor first time

KevinsCruising

I sailed on the Splendor for my first Carnival experience and was pleasantly surprised. It really is a quality ship, and the food was some of the best I've ever had. The buffet had strange hours though, and is two decks high, so seating is never an option. Depending on when you're cruising, the retractable roof over the pool is a major plus! When we left New York there was snow on the deck, and people were swimming and laying out in bathing suits. Also Cruise Critic says it has some of the largest rooms, and I believe it. I also liked some of the "secret decks" like the one right above the bridge where you can watch docking or just enjoy the ocean. Took some great pics there. Oh, and as I'm sure you know, the comedians on Carnival cannot be beat. It's a very clean ship, but if you want to do a lot of activities you'll have to stay up at least past 11:00. Any specific questions?

Thank you for your response. Do they leave the retractable roof open on sunny days? We love laying out in the sun by the pool. Also do they do theme nights like Norwegians white hot night?

Thank you

I've cruised NCL and Carnival many times. going on the Splendor my second time this Saturday. Carnival doesnt have the themed parties like Norwegian does. the best thing I like about Norwegian is their entertainment/shows/themed parties. and their hibachi restaurant!

you won't see that on the Splendor.

the retractable roof is only on when it rains or is cold. but otherwise, it should be open for when the sun is out

I've cruised NCL and Carnival many times. going on the Splendor my second time this Saturday. Carnival doesnt have the themed parties like Norwegian does. the best thing I like about Norwegian is their entertainment/shows/themed parties. and their hibachi restaurant!

you won't see that on the Splendor.

the retractable roof is only on when it rains or is cold. but otherwise, it should be open for when the sun is out

See u there cruiserider!!! I'll be there too. Have u been on theroll call?

I have to say NCL and RCC are much nicer than carnival. But its still good, especially for the price. If u are onto the shows...not so great. CC uses there own talent, but the comedy shows are reallt good. I'm not a stick in themud, but I only enjoy the family friendly shows. The comics get a bit too raunchy for my taste at the late night shows.

I'll be on me second splendor cruise this year on Saturday. Have fun!

Sent from my Desire HD using Forums mobile app

Have been on Splendor 3x and she is a GREAT SHIP. We are not much into entertainment or shows, so can't help you with that. The retractable roof over the main pool is GREAT. There is also an aft adult only area with hot tubs and pool. There are a number of very good Splendor reviews with pictures. The one that comes to mind is Jamman 54's titled "Our Splendid Splendor cruise (with pics) 8/13/13. If you put this in the search it should come up. Just remember that deck 5 is your best friend! :D