Military Uniform ?'s

dcat2u

My husband is wearing his Army dress blues. My question is he is assigned to a Cav unit therefore they have the black stetson's, would it be Ok for him to wear it formal night, obviously he would not wear it in the dining room but before and after esp for pictures. What is you opinion?

Darlene

Proud Wife of a 4ID Soldier!

WE GOT HIM!!!

I think for the photos it would be great. Otherwise I know Air Force officers are required to remove their hats indoors. I assume this means onboard a ship also. Are Army requirements the same? If so I don't imagine he would feel comfortable in the hat all evening. For our wedding my husband wore his Air Force mess dress & had some photos taken with his hat but did not wear it during the evening. Have a great cruise!!

2 Drifters off to see the world....there's such a lot of world to see!

Yes, he has his spurs, actually they are still on his shoes from last weeks ball. Under normal circumstances the dress "busdriver" caps are removed, however normally stetsons are allowed to remain on, this was addressed with SGM last week.

Men in uniform look great on formal night! Not sure about the Stetson, but it would certainly look great in the pictures.

Please thank your husband for his service to our country!

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

You don't have to wear your uniforms while on vacation, but for special occasions it is nice to wear your dress uniform. They're so sharp looking (not to mention expensive), and you really stand out wearing them amidst a sea of dark suits and tuxedos.

Katie

"I'm currently out of my mind, but please feel free to leave a message..."

Archived