celebrity Transfers cape liberty

sha1955

Has anybody ever done Celebrity transfers to JFK from Cape Liberty?

Any idea of timings and costs. Our flight is 3.55pm, so cannot do the tour and drop off. (flight to uk has to be after 4.30pm)

Any suggestions or info from you experts?

Thanks for the replies and the links

I really want to know if Celebrity have a ship transfer to JFK and how much it is

I would like want to hear from anybody who has actually done it at Cape Liberty with Celebrity

Thanks

Here is the link to a post from the thread I mentioned. States Celebrity only offers transfers to/from Newark Airport:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43152299&postcount=1531

I think your best bet is to call Celebrity directly for the sailing you are interested in and ask about transfers to and from the area airports. Most people drive to this port or fly in and out of Newark International Airport.

Edited by CruisingChick

It's been years since we sailed from Cape Liberty, but the two times we did they had very organized lines for shared shuttles to all three airports (Newark, LaGuardia and JFK) as you exited. Costs were lower than either the cruise line or taxis. Don't know if they still have these or what the cost to JFK is but possibly someone will chime in or you can ask about this on the east cost departures forum - if it isn't already covered in one of the links given above.

My wife and I are flying into LaGuardia next week which close to the same distance to Cape Liberty as JFK is. I booked a private car with Carmel Limo, (there are others) for 112.40 including tip and tolls. Celebrity did not offer any transportation options, from either airport, only from Newark.

Unfortunately, your flight couldn't be at a worse time (for you). Too early to take the tour/transfer, yet so late that no matter how you get to the airport you will be sitting around forever.

I would just look for the very cheapest option (which will not, usually, be provided by Celebrity) and get to the airport whenever, and maybe spring for a day pass at the lounge of whatever airline you are flying.

We just got off in Cape Liberty a few weeks ago, and there were both taxis and shuttles, but I don't recall there being signs saying "to EWR/LGA/JFK" - I recall face out one door and it was taxis, the other door shuttles (this was all down the very far end - limos, etc. were straight ahead as you entered that cavernous space). Maybe they were triaging them into different vans. And maybe the signs for the different airports were there but I wasn't looking for them.

If you DO want a tour of New York, it might be expensive, but I'm sure there are limo companies that will pick you up and drive you around for a few hours to see different sights then drop you at the airport. But it might be VERY expensive.

Thanks ljkool, looks like we will do a private transfer.

Flying back to UK via Frankfurt, so happy with the flight time

May use our lounge pass and chill for a few hours pre flight, good idea

I wish Celebrity considered people flying from JFK