Global Entry in San Juan

SeaGal

My husband and I are registered in the global entry program. I read that there is a global entry kiosk at the San Juan airport, but don't we have to go through customs at the port when we disembark? Is there a global entry kiosk at the port?

Thanks for any informtion you can share about customs in San Juan.

If you fly from Seattle to San Juan, since Puerto Rico is a territory of the U.S., there are no customs formalities since your flight is a domestic flight. Upon disembarkation, you will pass through customs like everyone else when disembarking in San Juan. Global entry is just for airports, if I'm not mistaken.

Thank you, AoS. I appreciate your quick reply.

I was not clear if the GOES program is only at airports. We have a 10:40am flight out of San Juan and were hoping for an advantage at customs if there was a global entry kiosk at the seaport.

But at least we will be able to make use of the TSA pre-check line at the airport. And we plan to do the self-disembarkation so we won't have to hunt for our luggage.

Don't worry too much. The only time I've encountered Customs delays at the Port of San Juan was when disembarking after a transatlantic. On those type of cruises they have to clear the crew before they clear the passengers, or at the same time as the passenger, and that takes a longer time. If your ship is already making the rounds out of San Juan, getting off shouldn't take long. Good luck.