How are the dancing venues

pmacher61

pmacher61, you refer to a TA crossing. I don't know if that specific crossing is themed Big Band and Ballroom but if so, the dancing experience will be significantly different than other Crystal cruises.

My husband and I both love to dance. Since we're in our late 40's/early 50's, ballroom dancing is really not our thing, but we really enjoy the Crystal Sextet (Philipino band).

Our dancing experience in a total of eight Crystal cruises in the past seven years has varied widely, with a few where all dancing venues were fairly well attended and a couple of cruises (Baltics and Black Sea) where we were the only dancers at Palm Court after the show as well as the only or almost only dancers in the disco. The upside was that the band quickly learned what we liked and played for our enjoyment every time we showed up. I think port-intensive/late nights in port cruises tend to tire people out so there are fewer dancers around.

Our most recent experience was last year's TA which was themed Big Band and Ballroom. Oh boy, except for the disco which was almost deserted, all other venues played Big Band and Ballroom to the exclusion of everything else. We really did not enjoy that nearly as much as our other cruises.

On our two cruises with Seaboun (also within the past few years, one on a little sister and one on a big sister) the dancing was more limited (for reasons described by others on this thread) but the parties were fun.

Although we are big Seabourn fans when it comes to dancing we have

found it does depend which ship we are on. The little Seabourn ships

the dancing in The Club have always been enjoyable with the bands however the 'Quest' we found very different and did not enjoy the bands and

dancing around the 'poles' spoilt the evenings in The Club for us.

So you have till the 4th April to have the experience of the 'Legend' on

its last voyage.

Crystal has always been enjoyable and we have danced many times on all

of their ships (even when they had three) no hesitation to return to them.

Bon Voyage whichever you choose.

Thank you all for your very helpful replies.

We have danced on Crystal and our experience is similar. Empty or nearly empty dance floors don't bother us as we like as much space as we can get. Our favorite dances are the Quickstep, Waltz, and Foxtrot. They take up quite a bit of floorspace and I anticipate we won't be doing any of them on the Legend.

We also enjoy the spot dances - Rumba, Cha Cha, Salsa, Bolero and Swing.

I am hoping we will find suitable floor space and music to do a little of each of these each evening. Based on experiences on other cruises the Phillipino bands are very good at covering wide variety of music.

Serendipitously it seems we may be on the best Seabourn ship, short lived as it is, for this.

Ironically on the giant Quantum we found great floors but the bands were one-dimensional, either Rock or Salsa. Targeted for a younger crowd I guess. We found that boring after a day or two but that is clearly a taste thing.

Thanks again for your help.

This post was from 2015 ;)