Do first timers get shut out of activities?

MCManders99

There are few kid activities that require tickets or reservations. Check at the desk for tickets to see the Frozen characters. You can even ask if there are any other character things that require tickets' date=' but normally there are not. These are not available before boarding--you go to Guest Services on day 1. On the Christmas cruise, there is a gingerbread house activity that needs a ticket. I do not thing the Fantasy has the "Tea with whomever" activity that the Magic did--again, verify at the Guest Services desk.

On our last cruise, the only kid activity needing ticket was meeting Elsa and Anna.[/quote']

Thanks for the Info!!!

I am a Platinium CC member and got shut out of a cabana for our April 2015 Dream cruise. So it goes to show that even us sometimes get nothing. I did get Palo Brunch and Dinner ressies though.... As everyone has said before, as long as you are not picky online with your times you should be ok. Most of the excursions are usually do not sell out with the exception of the dolphin excursions. Those are Cozumel on the Western, and since you're looking at an Eastern you should be fine there. The jet skiing or parasailing excursion on Castaway Cay can also go quickly, so if you are interested there, grab whatever time is left!

I am a Platinium CC member and got shut out of a cabana for our April 2015 Dream cruise. So it goes to show that even us sometimes get nothing. I did get Palo Brunch and Dinner ressies though.... As everyone has said before, as long as you are not picky online with your times you should be ok. Most of the excursions are usually do not sell out with the exception of the dolphin excursions. Those are Cozumel on the Western, and since you're looking at an Eastern you should be fine there. The jet skiing or parasailing excursion on Castaway Cay can also go quickly, so if you are interested there, grab whatever time is left!

Dream = lots of guests, limited number of cabanas. Many concierge guests will have reserved one thru the shoreside concierge before any booking window opens. BUT once again, if you can't get what you want at the opening of your booking window, keep checking back. People DO cancel reservations. It becomes a matter of looking at the right time and catching the opening.

• 4 weeks later...

short answer... yes. i'm a first timer, booking window opened today. not a chance of getting a cabana. couldn't get the spa service i wanted, got a different service on a different day and time than I was shooting for. Did get a Palo reservation without problem though. I did see some excursions were already completely sold out, and again, I was online booking very early this morning and this is the first day it opened up for first timers.

short answer... yes. i'm a first timer, booking window opened today. not a chance of getting a cabana. couldn't get the spa service i wanted, got a different service on a different day and time than I was shooting for. Did get a Palo reservation without problem though. I did see some excursions were already completely sold out, and again, I was online booking very early this morning and this is the first day it opened up for first timers.

As noted several times above, people DO cancel (you can do this on line up to 3 days before embarkation). Also, the concierge staff holds back some spa times until after they meet with their guests on the first day. At that point, anything not taken by a concierge guest returns to the general pool for booking. Keep checking on line and then check again after boarding.

As noted several times above' date=' people DO cancel (you can do this on line up to 3 days before embarkation). Also, the concierge staff holds back some spa times until after they meet with their guests on the first day. At that point, anything not taken by a concierge guest returns to the general pool for booking. Keep checking on line and then check again after boarding.[/quote']

First time cruiser on Disney (but not first time overall), and we're on the leaving on the 19th. I tried for a cabana when the shore excursion window opened up, and they all said sold out. We finally decided on our Nassau excursion last week, and when I went on line to book it, there was a cabana available that I grabbed. So it does happen.

As noted several times above' date=' people DO cancel (you can do this on line up to 3 days before embarkation). Also, the concierge staff holds back some spa times until after they meet with their guests on the first day. At that point, anything not taken by a concierge guest returns to the general pool for booking. Keep checking on line and then check again after boarding.[/quote']

On other suggestion about the spa--I have been on four cruises and have NEVER been able to book the massage I wanted in online check-in (other than at dinner hours). On a whim on my last cruise, I stopped by the spa desk while exploring one morning and asked if there were any openings for a massage. To my surprise, she scheduled me for a hot stone massage one hour later!

So definitely stop and ask either when you board or directly at the spa desk throughout the week--you just never know.

Edited by Lovedisneycruise