A pretty good deal!!

vandalayceo

How do you get a 27 day Japanese cruise for $200?

Nov. 2014-Notice a cruise-Japanese Adventure,27 days,Diamond Princess Sept 2014, offered at $4079 Cnd.

Seems very low since the 3- 9 day cruises this is comprised of is quoted at $6177 Cdn.

Book it.

Checking prices 2 months later price is $6479 Cdn., in line with price of total of 3 individual prices.

In the interim Princess offers their 4/5 day getaways in January with total cost applied as a future cruise credit.

Book 3 -5 day, 2-4 day cruises, have a great time and get $2295 as a credit to be applied to Japanese cruise.

Board Diamond in Osaka on Sept.18-great cruise, exactly what we look for, many new ports we have never been to.

Issues related to changes of itineraries related to 2 typhoons on cruise result in Princess giving a future cruise credit of $1365.

Combined with on board credits, and reduced port fees total net cost=

$225Cdn ( approx $200 US$)

Oh yea also, because of changes to avoid typhoon cruise is actually 1 day longer, 28 days.

I get it. Last Nov, he saw a cruise for 27 days that considerably cheaper than booking the same cruise in three nine day segments. So he booked it. Later promotions for short coastals gave the cost of the cruise back as credit, he booked five. This pretty much cut the cost of the 27 day in half. Then while on the cruise, two typhoons caused deviations in itineraries, resulting in obc for passengers that further reduced his cost, to a total of $200US. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

I followed you perfectly. That is an incredible deal even with the missed ports and typhoons. I too sailed in January on a couple of coastal getaways and got about $1000 in credits which just paid for the coastal cruise I went on last week. If I had the time I would have booked a half dozen of those cruises like you did. Princess was essentially giving away a free cruise on those coastal get away deals about a year ago. You got a month of nearly free cruising!

Edited by Princess Patches