Jewelry in ports

NancyL2

Yes, I know that store, and receive Xmas cards also...."Imp..." something (;)). Very nice store to deal with. I had made a purchase and 2 years later upgraded the item and they allowed the exact purchase price as a trade, word of mouth, no receipt required although I brought it with me. Not sure if they are on the ship list or not but I'd vouch for them...purchased a 5.5 ct tennis bracelet for $4000, a year later it was appraised by a independent jeweler (who had no vested interest in this) for almost 3 times that amount ($11k)...I'm a believer!

Have used Imperial a couple of times and have had wonderful experiences. Bought a couple of 'diamond by the yard' necklaces (20" and 24") from them. Had been looking for them for a while back home and the prices didn't come close to what I got them for in St. Maarten. Also, a prong on my engagement ring got badly bent on our cruise and I was afraid I was going to lose the diamond. Took it to them and they repaired it with no problems whatsoever. Had it checked after I got home and my local jeweler said they had done a wonderful job.

As someone else said, go with your gut. Check the stores that tend to be the busiest and ask a few customers if they have shopped there before and what were their past experiences. We did this and got really good advice.

Edited by tarps14

We bought a small diamond and setting at DI in Cancun, About 5 years ago we went to a DI in St. John and we upgraded to a larger stone (1.15 ct). after we agreed on price, i told them i wanted a credit for the full price of the first stone, and they said not problem.

So, our limited experience was fine. Saved a ton of money and the ring looks great.