Specialty dinners - Do I need vouchers from our TA?

JimAOk1945

I appreciate everyone who has answered my question (see #1).

I booked our cruise last November and had forgotten all about the complimentary dinners until my wife reminded me. I don't recall whether there was any special promotion going on at that time. There may have been and I just don't remember it. Our TA gave us the two dinners at the time I booked the cruise.

Feel free to post more info on specialty dinners as perks if you wish. This is all great information.

Happy cruising everyone!

I would also recommend bringing an invoice from your travel agent that states that you are to receive the dinners. If for some reason the card is not in your room you can take the invoice to guest services and maybe they can help sort it out. Also make sure you clarify with your travel agent whether it is two dinners per person, or dinner for two (one per person).

I just booked us on the Regal promotion and nowhere on the Princess invoice can I find any reference to the dinners or to the bottle of champagne that is supposed to be given to us - all I can find is a notation that says "Regal Sale-a-bration Sale." I found a pdf file describing the program and a list of applicable sailings, both on the TA website One Source, but nothing specific to our reservation. I'll bring the extra paper along, or put it on the iPad so I can wave it at guest services if there's an issue.

So I wouldn't be too hard on a TA who can't provide an invoice with those details - if Princess doesn't supply confirmation of the gifts, it would be foolish for the TA to take on the liability by promising them.