Hello! New member wondering abt cruising to Bermuda

franks402

There was not serious damage done by the hurricane - and what damage was done is unlikely to be noticeable after a couple of months - let alone the half year between now and April. Bermuda has an advanced economy and infrastructure which makes recovery from storm damage virtually routine.

That said, OP might want to consider an alternate destination for a totally different reason. While Bermuda is far and away the most attractive island within cruising distance of the east coast of the U.S., April is likely to be fairly cool; and there are just two or three sailings scheduled that early in the season.

A Caribbean or Bahamas itinerary might be a better destination in April if weather and climate conditions are an interest.

Just having returned from our Summit cruise to Bermuda, last month -- I, too was holding my breath as Gonzalo bore down on the island. To me, it did not appear that much serious damage occurred -- at least nothing on the scale of "Fabian", a decade ago. I'm very much looking forward to our return to that beautiful island, in May! :cool: