Divina: A quiet place to write

Arsinoe

My last experience on MSC was a fabulous Genova-to-Port Said cruise on the old MSC Rhapsody (2005). It was, I believe, the last sailing of that older, smaller ship, and it was pure delight. That experience led me to book a forthcoming trip on the Divina in the Western Caribbean this December.

On that last cruise, other than port time and leisurely meals in the MDR, I spent most of my time writing. At several spots on the ship one could find quiet bistro tables to set up a laptop, enjoy the sea air, and write undisturbed.

Looking at many photographs and videos of the Divina, I have seen no similar locations on this ship. Are there any quiet, outdoor locations with tables where one might sit all day with a laptop or notebook?

We booked a cabin with a balcony, but the little table appears to be low and suitable only for a drink or snack. Is that the case? Are there any full-height, outdoor tables on the balconies?

My interests are perhaps atypical, but what I most look forward to on a cruise are writing, reading and quiet conversations.

You will be able to find these spots on the Divina. Some of the lounges are not opened all the times so you can certainly go there. Also, there are plenty of walk through areas that have bistro and lounge seating - there is a nice little area right by the Eataly restaurant. I didn't notice if you booked yacht club or not but the Top Sail is nice and quiet most of the time. If you enjoy night time air - the pool deck is all but abandoned after 8ish each night, though sometimes they show movies (but these never get too loud). Regardless, you'll find some quiet seating in different areas of the public spaces throughout the ship.

Thanks for the ideas.

Most of the spaces mentioned are indoors, with the exception of the pools and I don't recall seeing small tables or a dry spot for a laptop.

Alas, Yacht Club is beyond my reach.

I have a good time wherever I travel, but these new mega-ships remind me too much of a floating Marriott when I am really hankering for a floating barge, river boat or even a tanker. (Not possible for this trip.)

Thanks for the ideas.

Most of the spaces mentioned are indoors, with the exception of the pools and I don't recall seeing small tables or a dry spot for a laptop.

Alas, Yacht Club is beyond my reach.

I have a good time wherever I travel, but these new mega-ships remind me too much of a floating Marriott when I am really hankering for a floating barge, river boat or even a tanker. (Not possible for this trip.)

Btw, on the outerdeck just outside of the library there are a couple of tables with chairs.

The area outside of the library is a smoking area, which may be a plus for some, but distasteful for others.

Ugh! Had a memory of gentle sea breezes and fresh air, not concentrated cigarette smoke.:(

Guess that my quest for a quiet outdoor table is still elusive.a

If I can recall correctly Deck 15 above the Sirene covered pool is a quieter outside area. I cruised on the lovely Divinia last Easter and found that the Galaxy Disco was a nice quiet place to read during the day. I'm sure if you look around when you get on board, you will find a space for your needs.