Did You Enjoy Lebanon ?

Where going on the beruit trip nxt wednesday has that port been cancelled if so where did it go instead

After Rhodes, we went to Antalya Turkey but as we did a trip we did not get to the town. Then to Larnaca as planned, then to a fantastic port, Alanya in Turkey.

We did not know Beirut was cancelled (officially as we did not expect it would go there) until we got on board for Eastern Venture. There was a letter in the cabin on arrival with the new itinerary. Alanya had been moved to the Beirut day, and a new port Antaya put in it's place.

I was told by the programme change dept it would most likely be cancelled, but people still thought we would go, its not gonna be on any more cruises this year was told this onboard , we stayed on in antayala as had a bad experience last year, they manage to get a free shuttle there and in laranca too

Edited by mtt

Portaits of ye past quick sumary

Hi all good peeps

Alas returned home on Monday from Portraits of the Past repo cruise

On ye good ship Celebration

Flight out of Manchester no problem new aircraft 3 by 3 seating

Arrival at Sharm very chaotic no one seemed to know what was going on

………. All good fun

Onto ye coach to port Q to check in for big ferry?

Luggage from coach taken to cabin within 1 hour

We were on deck 3 inside, nice to see the upgrade with bathroom good job done

Plenty of space but no fridge

Lido has been spruced up but where they get the Platinum name from ?

All that has been done needed doing anyway

All waiters/ staff brill as usual .it was like meeting old friends, although we have never met

Entertainment good, show team etc

Food good in MDR and Lido

Problems, minor for me

On the deck we used for sunbathing (adults only small pool with Jacuzzi which was out of action for the whole trip)

We had the soot fall problem as ,I had on Dream so took all my shorts , swimwear to reception

No problem nice lady was aware on all stuff back in cabin next day

We had 2 days at sea plus a day going thru Suez Canal (that was great)

So that is when the fun started , I am an early bird but at 6.40 AM the towels were out sunbeds gone

Late peeps were seen on deck looking for a plastic chairs to sit on

One deck (sports deck was closed as all the old tv’s had been stored there

========================================

Ship spotless

Cabin lady so good had to give a tip

Day

Port

Due

Depart

Flight from the UK

Sharm el-Sheikh

00:00

23:59

Sharm el-Sheikh

Port Sokhna (for Cairo)

Suez Canal

At sea

Beirut

Larnaca

Ashdod

At sea

Alanya

Rhodes Town

Marmaris

06:00

00:00

Flight to the UK

Ports of call above

Only did the tour in Beirut and to the Grotto as done the other trips before

The Grotto below was amazing!!

http://www.beautifulworld.com/asia/lebanon/jeita-grotto

NOT WHAT WE EXPECTED

Well worth the price for 11 days and fantastic ports of call

weather v good

We were not AI but pint £3.70 house wine about £12 BH (does not drink much)

If you buy a bottle of winre and do not drink it all they will keep it for you

The AI onboard @ package was £344 per person and both peeps must have it

My bill including ye trip ,drinks onboard, and duty free stuff was £320

Note a bottle of water 1.5 ml is £1.90 non AI and £1.40 if AI?

However if yo go to ye bar it is free iced water from , yes from a bottle ?ask for a pint no probs

(no ice water dispensers )

To sum it all up a good cruise for the second time on Celebration

Weather good and ports of call very varied

Would we do it again ?

No been there

Another cruise? No next holiday will be on a quiet beach AI in Turkey (sea warm)

Then again I will say it was probably the best holiday we have ever had !!

Just one last comment, Celebration has been in the Red sea based at Sharm in the winter for the last 5/6 yrs and will not be returning(Majesty taking over)

Upon leaving Sharm the local taxis. Police cars. Fire Brigade were at the dock

With car horns blowing sirens sounding and waving us away a cacophony of sound and lots of waving.etc

In fact I had tear in my eye

As mentioned before in another thread saw Smiffy cc member

Did not come across any more cc members .. don , grez which deck did you use for the sunbed competiton?

Oh yes make your mind up lady was on board and did an audience with night

Cheryl Baker , BUCKS fizz

(Nice lady and down to earth)

To sum it all up would we travel on another Thomson Cruise ?

Perhaps if the price was right

(Ps nora was not onboard this time,two days, food was not help yourself.and then

It was after 2 days)

Linda, Kalos hope you are both now ok(mrs Kalos I mean )

Best regards to all cc members (or non members)

Stevie

jeeps! :eek: steve is it that long ago! 2010 since celebration left the red sea never to return....seems like it was only about 4 minutes ago!....time is flying by us isnt it

nice to stop for a while and look back thru memories of happy days sometimes....kinda therapeutic really, i enjoyed your review as much as i did when you first posted it:cool:

wonder if thoms will ever go back to red sea?

jeeps! :eek: steve is it that long ago! 2010 since celebration left the red sea never to return....seems like it was only about 4 minutes ago!....time is flying by us isnt it

nice to stop for a while and look back thru memories of happy days sometimes....kinda therapeutic really, i enjoyed your review as much as i did when you first posted it:cool:

wonder if thoms will ever go back to red sea?

Sorry typo error :o the repo cruise was in fact May 2013 !!! :)

Stevie

Sorry typo error :o the repo cruise was in fact May 2013 !!!

Stevie

r you messing with my head stevie?? :D;) ...its working:D on the upside....thats made me younger than I thought I was! hurrah!;):)

on the subject of the red sea? there are only nile river cruises available from thoms now....anyone done one (with thomsons)? any good?...I'm a bit tempted for next year? I am missing egypt a little, never done a river cruise?

Edited by geomagot

r you messing with my head stevie?? :D;) ...its working:D on the upside....thats made me younger than I thought I was! hurrah!;):)

on the subject of the red sea? there are only nile river cruises available from thoms now....anyone done one (with thomsons)? any good?...I'm a bit tempted for next year? I am missing egypt a little, never done a river cruise?

Me too geo. We passed on the two day excursion to Luxor when we did the Red Sea on the basis of wanting to do a Nile cruise and take our time seeing the many sites in that area.

How I wish we'd done it now - at least I would have seen some highlights, albeit a short visit. Now, like you, I still hanker to go on the river cruise but am really a bit anxious about it although I have only ever heard really good reports of this itinerary and there are some boats out there which have good reviews. Presumably they wouldn't run such cruises if there was FO advice to the contrary. It must have devastated the tourist industry in Egypt too - what a tragedy for them.

On another note about changed itineraries, our friends have just had notification from their cruise company (not Thomson) that La Goulette (Tunis) has been pulled from the itinerary 'due to the current political situation' and replaced by a port in Albania. The number of ports available to cruise lines is shrinking - and with more ships around that will mean other ports are likely to be more crowded.

we have some friends who have just returned, they say that now is the time to go, its safe in and around luxor

because there are not too many flights into luxor at the moment (from europe) the temples, valley of the kings etc are virtually deserted of tourists and apparently, its good value too, many nile cruisers are mothballed and thomsons are struggling to fill up their cruiser (only one working at the moment)

looks like a plan for spring/early summer to my eye;):)

we have some friends who have just returned, they say that now is the time to go, its safe in and around luxor

because there are not too many flights into luxor at the moment (from europe) the temples, valley of the kings etc are virtually deserted of tourists and apparently, its good value too, many nile cruisers are mothballed and thomsons are struggling to fill up their cruiser (only one working at the moment)

looks like a plan for spring/early summer to my eye;):)

Hmmm................. does sound interesting. Let us know if you decide to do it! You know what happens on here though - once you get as far as declaring a definite interest in something - you might as well consider the deed done! :D:D Go on .... book it! ;)

Hmmm................. does sound interesting. Let us know if you decide to do it! You know what happens on here though - once you get as far as declaring a definite interest in something - you might as well consider the deed done! :D Go on .... book it! ;)

Oooh, looking for something for my birthday in February ;)

Now I had you in mind with the first quote! :D

Go on........................;)

So is beruit definatly cancelled then, which port will we go to instead

Andy, I think the reason no-one is giving you a definite answer is that no-one knows, except Thomson and they like to keep you guessing till you get on board!