Mercury--cc Cabins

cookie1961

Hi everyone,

I would like some information on the CC cabins on Mercury. I am sure lots of people on these boards have been in them. I would assume there are some CC cabins that are better than others.

Can anyone offer any advice or input??

Thanks so much :)

There are 4 CC cabins on Sky deck that have longer balconies. 1200, 1201 1240 & 1241. They are at each end of a row of Sky Suites--the REAL Sky Suites that have really nice big balconies. We have stayed in 1201 and loved it.

Cabins 1200 and 1201 have larger balconies (slightly), than 1240 and 1241. Also, 1240 and1241 are ajoining cabins to suites. Those two would not be my first choice, because of that.

We have 1201 booked on the Galaxy, for our Med. cruise. We had 1241 first, but when I found out it was an ajoining, we booked 1201. :)

Char and Tedson, what would you estimate the balcony size to be on 1241? I know the regular balconies are 42 sq feet. Also with that being an adjoining room did you have any problems with noise, smoke, etc with the adjoining cabin? And finally, did the balcony have lounge chairs or regular chairs?

We have booked the same cabin (1241) on Galaxy for next year and was just wondering, they look the same on the website. Thanks in advance.

Scott

Hey Scott :D

I saw the balcony of 1241 and it is smaller than 1200 or 1201 in that it is cut out on an angle on the outside rail side--not rectnagular--like the other two. I think it would comfortably fit 1 lounger and 2 chairs and a table large enough to eat from. 1200 and 1201 have balconies that are much larger and will easily fit several loungers as well as the table and chairs. Maybe someone has a picture to share.

Scott, I seem to recall having a lounger, a couple of chairs and standard size circular table, with plenty of room to spare. One minor downside of 1241 is that it is just forward of the basketball court and ping pong table. These didn't get used a lot, but when they did, it was a bit noisy.

Cantwaittosail and Phil,

My husband and I are in cabin 1200 on Nov. 11 and our friends are in 1201 for the same sailing. I would love to see pictures and "hear" anything else about the cabin and balcony before we leave on Nov. 10 to fly to San Diego.

Thanks...

Patty

You probably already know this but near the top of the screen, you can click "Search This Forum" while at the main Celebrity page, then enter a few key words such as Mercury 1200 or Mercury Sky Deck and see what comes up :D

im not sure if you guys will be able to sail on the mercury in cabin 1200 because once we get on - i think we will be staying !! we are moving in !!! wont get off .... just keep on cruising ... forever and ever !!!!

its a great feeling to leave everything behind and cruise away - isnt it ???

well - then again - if they do force us off - we will post pictures ......

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am a cruise newbie. Never been on a cruise. Ever. We decided to give it a go so we booked a cruise to Alaska out of Seattle for May 2006 and thought it would be nice to do the Concierge Class. We are in a CC room on the Penthouse deck. I am inquiring about a few things:

1) How clean are these rooms? I read a few worrying posts on the review of Mercury saying that their CC room was unkempt (moldy shower curtain, dirty grout, cracked sink) and the cabin attendant was horrid. Yikes! I don't want to spend my thousands of dollars on that!

2) Are the extras really all they purport to be? Do you REALLY get preferential excursions (what does that mean to me?) Do you get any other free beverages besides coffee and tea? Do you get fresh fruit every day or is it just a basket at the start of the cruise?

3) Alcohol: Is it OK to pack a bottle of booze in my checked suitcase so that we can drink in our room?

I guess I really just need a cruise mentor, someone who's been there, done that and can guide me through my worries and questions.

Archived